+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Evolution failed selt test.

RBW Member bl6394 is an unknown quantity at this point bl6394's Avatar
    APD Evolution

Evolution failed selt test.

Put my kit together - and it failed it's self test - No Controller 2. Battery 2 is also not reading voltage.

I've put in fresh batteries (in both B1 and B2), done a hard reset, and checked everything for visible damage to the wires or battery compartments - but don't see anything. Looks like I have lid service in my future.

Anyone else have a controller / battery drop out like this?

Thanks,

Bjorn

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Re: Evolution failed selt test.

Not sure my issue was/is related, but my #2 controller gives me fits quite often. Though not quite to your degree.

Another reason I'm looking forward to Vision 2020.

I have no advice, but will ask the other APD owners I know locally...

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by TopLeft  View Original Post
    Not sure my issue was/is related, but my #2 controller gives me fits quite often. Though not quite to your degree.

Another reason I'm looking forward to Vision 2020.

I have no advice, but will ask the other APD owners I know locally...
    Vision 2020 won't fix a controller error. Only a controller fix will solve that. Free with the HUS.

Matt.

RBW Member Bryan T is an unknown quantity at this point Bryan T's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bl6394  View Original Post
    Put my kit together - and it failed it's self test - No Controller 2. Battery 2 is also not reading voltage.

I've put in fresh batteries (in both B1 and B2), done a hard reset, and checked everything for visible damage to the wires or battery compartments - but don't see anything. Looks like I have lid service in my future.

Anyone else have a controller / battery drop out like this?

Thanks,

Bjorn
    So a few things can be tried/cheched. I sent you a PM

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan T  View Original Post
    So a few things can be tried/cheched. I sent you a PM
    Why not share them with everyone?

RBW Member Bryan T is an unknown quantity at this point Bryan T's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matthewoutram  View Original Post
    Why not share them with everyone?
    There are a few too many variables with different battery boxes but generally you were describing what sounded to me to be a power issue. So I would find out witch batt box you have (2 cr123) check the contacts in the bottom clean them with a pencil eraser as well as the caps (in the threads and in the threads on the batt tube side. lube the O ring (as you should every time you change the batt) see if that changes any thing. also remember to tighten the cap till it bottoms out (very important) after that depending on your capabilities you can try to diag more but ultimately it needs to go in for service.

inspiration

Thumbs up Re: Evolution failed selt test.

There are a few too many variables with different battery boxes but generally you were describing what sounded to me to be a power issue. So I would find out witch batt box you have (2 cr123) check the contacts in the bottom clean them with a pencil eraser as well as the caps (in the threads and in the threads on the batt tube side. lube the O ring (as you should every time you change the batt) see if that changes any thing. also remember to tighten the cap till it bottoms out (very important) after that depending on your capabilities you can try to diag more but ultimately it needs to go in for service.

APD Evolution

Everyone - thanks for the suggestions. Tried everything - but it is not responding. Shipped back for lid service today.

APD Evolution

Final update:

Surprisingly, C1 / C2 and B1 / B2 were both working perfectly after shipping the unit back to SD in Maine (jostled or dried out in shipping?). However, prior to returning the unit back to me - they did a pressure test - and found at least two cracks around the solenoid in the lid.

This is a 2006 lid - which passed lid service / inspection at SD as a condition of sale in April 2016.

Sent it back to APD - which confirms a new lid is required. Deciding whether I should get the HUS Lid or just replace the lid I have.

Thanks everyone who offered advice.
    Last edited by bl6394; 8th August 2016 at 03:28.

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bl6394  View Original Post
    Final update:

Surprisingly, C1 / C2 and B1 / B2 were both working perfectly after shipping the unit back to SD in Maine (jostled or dried out in shipping?). However, prior to returning the unit back to me - they did a pressure test - and found at least two cracks around the solenoid in the lid.

This is a 2006 lid - which passed lid service / inspection at SD as a condition of sale in April 2016.

Sent it back to APD - which confirms a new lid is required. Deciding whether I should get the HUS Lid or just replace the lid I have.

Thanks everyone who offered advice.
    Just curious what that repair bill is going to cost. I've got an 07 lid, so if this is an age-based problem...

I'm also curious how you ended up with cracks around the solenoid, if it passed the last test. Too much leverage on the O2 supply hose to the head?

Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast