+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: O2 compatibility at low pressure

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Re: O2 compatibility at low pressure

Quote Originally Posted by 4ster  View Original Post
    So how many "intentional" O2 fires have you started?
    My boy used O2 to quickly get the charcoal just right back when he was around 14, afterwards I had a barbecue grill with a large hole burned through the bottom until I replaced the grill.

Michael

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

I'll admit the last couple of times I've decided to drag out the old briquette Weber Kettle and do a roast, I've done the usual trick and realised I'm about two hours late to get the thing started and I've looked at the G of oxygen in the shed wistfully.

I've never been game though...

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by 4ster  View Original Post
    So how many "intentional" O2 fires have you started?
    Oxy acetylene torch, you can cut steel without acetylene (once you get started).
    Save the acetylene for running the Briggs & Stratton engine without a carburetor.

The carbon pellets from an automotive charcoal canister burn great in a pure oxygen environment, even in small scale.

Tried (unsuccessfully) some artistic wood burning with a 12kV transformer and "guiding" the burn with the flow of oxygen out of a torch. Few others as well.

Nothing intentionally high pressure. That one medical O2 bottle fire on Christmas day (uncle's mother in law) was enough. She survived just fine without that extra O2

If you haven't asked yourself "how am I still alive with what I did when I was younger?" you probably had a boring/sheltered childhood.

Muddiver Muddiver is an unknown quantity at this point Muddiver's Avatar
    Poseidon Cis Lunar 7

Millions of divers slap a non-O2 clean regulator on a Nitrox filed cylinder and none of them have exploded. Except for milflex hoses, I don't think any scuba Hoses are actually O2 clean or O2 compatible. So, bellow say 300 psi, your probably safe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2