+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: New comparative research on sodalime preparations

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Re: New comparative research on sodalime preparations

thank you for your work, I look forward to reading about sorb storage.

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

Great to hear Simon, thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Hello all, while I'm interested in this subject, I'm sincerely puzzled as to why a thread from 2016 about partially used sorb is 4 pages long and this thread about a recent DCS study has received less interest/replies...

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showt...ession-Illness

RBW Member EML is an unknown quantity at this point EML's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Hello all, while I'm interested in this subject, I'm sincerely puzzled as to why a thread from 2016 about partially used sorb is 4 pages long and this thread about a recent DCS study has received less interest/replies...

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showt...ession-Illness

To answer your question, one reason could be that the recent study on DAN database highlights nothing different from the previous ones, i.e. factors like stress, fatigue, fat mass, etc. increase the risk of DCS. Interesting study but, all in all, no news compared to what we already know.
    The other study seems to be new, as no (or few) direct comparisons were conducted between the two sorbs.
    Eugenio

RBW Member DeathBoxDiving is an unknown quantity at this point DeathBoxDiving's Avatar
    FrankenTitan

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Mitchell  View Original Post
    Hi Guys,

The study about storage of partly used soda lime has been through peer review and has just been accepted for publication. It will appear in the June edition of Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. I will provide a link to it as soon as it is published. Sorry, it has taken a while.

Also, the study evaluating the efficacy of temperature sticks in predicting CO2 break through has been completed (we had previously undertaken tests at surface pressure but we have now completed further tests under pressure. We are putting final touches to the manuscript prior to submitting for publication. I will keep you posted on the progress of that, but we will probably present the results at Eurotek in December.

Simon M
    Hello Simon,

I thank you for making all of this information available to the RB community. Truly looking forward to reading the results of the partially used sorb and temperature stick studies.

Joe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4