+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New comparative research on sodalime preparations

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Re: New comparative research on sodalime preparations

Ok, thanks Paul. Was hoping some more public data available... but it will do.

Poslano z mojega SM-J500FN z uporabo Tapatalk

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Thanks for sharing, Simon.

Whichever products you chose to compare, there would have been someone feeling hurt and left out because you didn't choose their sorb.

For example, I personally use a colour indicating 2.5-5.0mm grain Molecular Products sorb, not sure on the product name for this flavour. It's not rated for diving and not one of your tested products, I'm sure. I don't trust the colour indicator and have always just assumed this stuff needed a much deeper reserve bed due to the larger interstices between granules - so I never pushed it even though I'm chucking it out with only a quarter of the sorb colour changed.

I'll be VERY interested to read what you come up with regarding temp sticks, as I'm about to fit one to my AP Classic + AV1 rig. It would be nice to have a better understanding of what the active bed position, depth and speed means in terms of duration and required "reserve" bed to avoid breakthrough in normal diving. Effectively, ammunition to be able to do a rough equivalent to your comparisons in this study using the equipment on the rebreather.

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Thanks Simon for the effort and work.
    This will help to delete myths and this also will piss someone off but we're speaking about safety!

Nad

RBW Member lorescuba is an unknown quantity at this point lorescuba's Avatar
    evolution

old link to the article doesn't functions. Is there a new link for read the research? Also the one about storage of sofnolime partially used. Thank you.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by lorescuba  View Original Post
    old link to the article doesn't functions. Is there a new link for read the research? Also the one about storage of sofnolime partially used. Thank you.
    I don't believe the study on partially used sorb is published yet pending live subject data.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member nowherers is an unknown quantity at this point nowherers's Avatar
    rEvo II RMS

"You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
    a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
    a mistyped address
    you have no access to this page
    The requested resource was not found.
    An error has occurred while processing your request."

I think the link doesnt work anymore.
    greetings, bas

Here is a copy of the article:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27334997

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Good article, kinda supports the reason it is so important to follow the MANUFACTURE'S recommendations on consumables as they have done specific tests with specific brands. I understand those who want to know more and experiment but this can be deadly with little to no warning. Pay attention to your training, what your instructor taught you, and what the manufacturer of your unit has specified for sorb.

RBW Member ccfish is an unknown quantity at this point ccfish's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Thumbs up Re: New comparative research on sodalime preparations

Quote Originally Posted by jstrang  View Original Post
    Here is a copy of the article:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27334997
    Very nice you posted this link - thanks for that

New Member Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell's Avatar

Hi Guys,

The study about storage of partly used soda lime has been through peer review and has just been accepted for publication. It will appear in the June edition of Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. I will provide a link to it as soon as it is published. Sorry, it has taken a while.

Also, the study evaluating the efficacy of temperature sticks in predicting CO2 break through has been completed (we had previously undertaken tests at surface pressure but we have now completed further tests under pressure. We are putting final touches to the manuscript prior to submitting for publication. I will keep you posted on the progress of that, but we will probably present the results at Eurotek in December.

Simon M

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast