+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sitech inlet valve

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Re: Sitech inlet valve

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    I just bought a pot of some other stuff off eBay which (apparently) is the same formula as Krytox 206 (O2 compatible grease with corrosion inhibitors) for about 1/10th the price of proper Krytox.

Nothing's gone bang on it yet :)
    No kaboom and 1/10 the price is my cup of tea.

Be a pal and drop a name?

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Quote Originally Posted by Sparedone  View Original Post
    No kaboom and 1/10 the price is my cup of tea.

Be a pal and drop a name?
    Ultimox, being flogged by user oemwholesalewh

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    That looks familiar!! :)

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Ok, I'll order a jar and give it a try.
    been reading about the stuff in the airgun forums and it appears to be really important to get all the old lube off before putting the Ultimox 226 on.
    Guess it'll be a couple of years though before I know that it lubes at least as good as the Bayer silicon grease that I've been using for almost all of the last 30 years (with a 2 year interlude caused by my trying out Kluber Alfa and ChristaLube).

Michael

RBW Member ztirfritz is an unknown quantity at this point ztirfritz's Avatar
    ISC Megalodon

Solved this problem by applying some O2 lube on nipple and connecting lp hose and blasting through a couple of times. Frees up button. If done regularly should avoid button sticking. Subject that o rings are not damaged.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2