+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: AHHHH! I can't decide what rebreather I want!

Urrrgh! Ukon is an unknown quantity at this point Ukon's Avatar
    rEvo II

KISS Classic

AHHHH! I can't decide what rebreather I want!

Help! I've decided it's time to move on from my rEvo II MCCR to either a rEvoIII Mini or a JJ. I like both units, and go back and forth between then hourly!

For the JJ I like
    1. WOB
    2. Potential flood recovery
    3. ADV works well (compared to ADV on my rEvo)
    4. Uses a standard back plate
    5. Modularity of electronics, using DiveCan
    6. Sensor location

To the rEvo
    1. Scrubber rotation
    2. Sensor tray can be removed from the unit to facilitate drying
    3. Additional sensors can be added to isolate redundant electronics... Of course the sensors are in the same place SO does it make a difference???
    4. Ability to custom select the electronics package you want on the unit from the factory
    5. I hate to admit it, but after years of diving the adjustable, plastic quick connect rEvo harness, I've come to love it... Feel free to kick me for being a stroke!

If I go with the rEvo, it'll be with a NERD controller and a single dream, removing the potential catch hazard/failure point of an arm mounted cable. I wish this was a factory option for the JJ.

Decisions, decisions!

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Re: AHHHH! I can't decide what rebreather I want!

JJ: add the Deep Outdoor harness that you like so much on your rEvo. You can buy it anywhere.
    Excuse my ignorance about the JJ. Can't you add an Divecan NERD as secondary instead of the HUD on the JJ? Then you clip the SW controler off of a D-ring?

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

I would stick to rEvo. Went from a standard to a micro III. I havé no problems with the adv, I have turned it down so I need to suck hard to activate. I have a nerd controller and 1 dream. A shearwater predator as back up but you could off course go for the petrel ( or whatever)
    I like the simplicity off the rEvo and the good service/quick respond from Paul and his team .
    Looked at different units too. The only that draw my attention too is the defender but decided to stay with rEvo anyway.
    Have fun deciding :)

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

I have a Petrel controller and a Nerd monitor on a revo with no dreams at all. Seems like a perfect combo.

Ive heard people complain about the ADV on their revo - but Mine is set perfectly also. Its a matter of taking the time to make minor adjustments but after a while, I got it to the perfects place and I cant imagine any rebreather getting any better.

I love the removeable tray on the revo.

All that being said. I came close to buying a JJ and I dont think either choice is bad.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon  View Original Post
    Help! I've decided it's time to move on from my rEvo II MCCR to either a rEvoIII Mini or a JJ. I like both units, and go back and forth between then hourly!

If I go with the rEvo, it'll be with a NERD controller and a single dream, removing the potential catch hazard/failure point of an arm mounted cable. I wish this was a factory option for the JJ.

Decisions, decisions!

just send me a mail if you want more questions to be answered

best
    Paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

As far as the electronics go, the rEvo is both the most user friendly to service and modify. If it is the analog version you can put any thing on it you want in any configuration. No other RB gives the end user these abilities without being a major PITA, if it is even possible.

The JJ only has output for 2 electronic devices and was a major reason I stopped looking at it.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member Gl1tchie is an unknown quantity at this point Gl1tchie's Avatar
    JJ

I Decided JJ after much deliberation.

Here is a thread with tons of awesome information by the good people of this forum.
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showt...its&highlight=

Dan

Urrrgh! Ukon is an unknown quantity at this point Ukon's Avatar
    rEvo II

KISS Classic

I also decided JJ.... Then rEvo... Then JJ.... Then I can't decide!

RBW Member Jevets is an unknown quantity at this point Jevets's Avatar
    HH

Well maybe you should go Defender then....

RBW Member P-A is an unknown quantity at this point P-A's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

Or just change completly and go for a mcccr