+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally! At last i got myself a RB!

Finally! At last i got myself a RB!

Hello all, finally got myself a Megaladon 2.06 ^^, saving up for course! :o :D

Anything i can pre-learn/drill b4 course, on dry land?

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: Finally! At last i got myself a RB!

Great News!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member Gl1tchie is an unknown quantity at this point Gl1tchie's Avatar
    JJ

Grats.

Try an learn to forget all your OC buoyancy control habits :P :P :P

Dan

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Have fun!

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

RBW Member sunchaser73 is an unknown quantity at this point sunchaser73's Avatar
    AP Evolution

Congrats!
    While you are saving up for the course, you may wish to consider the following:
    1) find some checklists and start using them; see what makes sense to you, but understand that you will go through that exercise in your class
    2) spend time reading the owner's manual, learning every detail that you can
    3) familiarize yourself with all of the controls and features
    4) breathe the unit; I found it took some getting used to
    5) disassemble and reassemble your unit a few times; practice makes better
    6) thoroughly research your potential instructors; find one that will challenge you rather than just check off a few boxes and certify you
    7) throughly research any additional accessories, such as back-up computers, bailout valves/plumbing - make sure your equipment purchases are informed
    8) familiarize yourself with the configuration of the unit, including the BCD/harness - make sure you can comfortably access everything when you have it strapped on
    9) check weights and buoyancy characteristics of your new equipment; you will be back at square one with regards to buoyancy, so anything you can do to help establish your ballast needs will go a long way towards re-learning your buoyancy

The above are in no particular order. They are just some suggestions based on the challenges and experiences from my certification last summer. Others in this community may have additional, and better, advice, for I am certainly not a rebreather expert by any stretch of the imagination!

This should be an exciting experience for you, and it will open up a completely different side of scuba diving! Best of luck, and as always, safe diving!

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

breathing the unit is a bad idea for the untrained. Due to the fact that a rebreather can render you unconscious before you realize anything is wrong that is bad advise. Otherwise the meg 2.06 is a great unit. Get familiar but please don't dirt dive it. If you must, at least have a spotter in case you missed a crucial step in the assembly.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

+ Reply to Thread