+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shrimp BOV: Time To Service

RBW Member floridabob is an unknown quantity at this point floridabob's Avatar
    coming

Shrimp BOV: Time To Service

Ok....it's time to service the Shrimp. This one has Apex parts (mostly).

I need a second stage seat and the O ring kit. Think: full service of BOV and DSV portion.

I can simply order from GG but I am hesitant for obvious reasons--I live 45 minutes from there but I know it may take 6 weeks to get the parts. Anybody have any other experience or options?

I am perfectly comfortable performing the service but I need the parts/pieces.

Jakub--if you would assist in obtaining the kits I will gladly pay for them thru you but I want them now. Not later. I'm sure Deister, me or others will pick it up from you.

Headed to Deep Salt/Werner Boyce on Thursday 6/2....

Bob
    941 445 2631

Hammermeg, Copis2, Kiss divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe's Avatar
    Meg 2.7, Hammermeg, copis meg

Kiss Sport, Draeger dolphin

Re: Shrimp BOV: Time To Service

They are also available from the Thornton's.
    Gabe

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by divingabe  View Original Post
    They are also available from the Thornton's.
    Gabe
    Problem solved.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

coming

I just checked their site.

Please provide me some guidance or a link as I did not see service kits or parts on their site.

But I am a moron

Bob

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by floridabob  View Original Post
    I just checked their site.

Please provide me some guidance or a link as I did not see service kits or parts on their site.

But I am a moron

Bob
    go HERE

in the drop drop menu for size, pick Shrimp BOV
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Jakub was nice enough to post all the o-ring sizes for the BOV portion. Unfortunately there is one o-ring I have not been able to get from any source. So the kit from GG or DA is the only way to go.

The second stage is normal Apeks stuff except the diaphragm, which I believe is an Interspiro part.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

coming

Jakub got with me yesterday so I'm squared away now.

Thanks for the help and score one for GG!

Bob

James Jennings TheBcDiver is an unknown quantity at this point TheBcDiver's Avatar

Just seen this thread and am wondering how do you remove the Apeks valve assembly from the bov body? I've tried searching for a manual but cannot seem to find one. Thanks

RBW Member dunny is an unknown quantity at this point dunny's Avatar
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheBcDiver  View Original Post
    Just seen this thread and am wondering how do you remove the Apeks valve assembly from the bov body? I've tried searching for a manual but cannot seem to find one. Thanks
    Take off the lever it simply unhooks, then remove the nut from the end where you would attach the LP hose and push through. It can be quiet stiff but it should move with a little force.

James Jennings TheBcDiver is an unknown quantity at this point TheBcDiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunny  View Original Post
    Take off the lever it simply unhooks, then remove the nut from the end where you would attach the LP hose and push through. It can be quiet stiff but it should move with a little force.
    Cheers, that's the bit I wasn't sure on as the apeks regs I just take valve out with lever attached, is it straightforward enough putting it back in, ie ensuring the valve shuttle in in the correct position?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast