+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rEvo vs. Defender in build time

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

rEvo vs. Defender in build time

Well hell, since I already seem to have broke my Defender and I really want to dive over this long weekend, I decided it was time to clean the cobwebs, mothballs, and cockroaches off my rEvo and get her ready for another spin. Since my Defender is sitting there in storage mode, I decided to time myself in packing scrubbers and building them to give others a fair comparison. This was a main concern to me in regards to switching units.

I did not rush in any of the steps and did them exactly how I would without a timer running. I packed 2 axial scrubbers for the rEvo and 1 eight pound radial scrubber for the Defender. Both units were in the same state of disassembly with the exception of the loop hoses (the BOV was removed from the hoses on the Defender and the rEvo loop hoses were complete).

I packed the rEvo scrubbers in 4min 30sec and the defender scrubber in 4min 26sec. I was both shocked and amazed.

I built the rEvo in 9min 56sec and the Defender in 11min 23sec. This was about what I was expecting.

I used the same meretricious cleaning and lube for both units. Calibration and negative tests took longer than anything else.

Bottom line is pretty simple for me now. The extra time required for the Defender is negligible and no longer even a concern. The only exception I will make to this is that for the Defender lungs to dry properly they need to be removed. This will soon change with the pending invention of my Dsix lung dryer.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Re: rEvo vs. Defender in build time

Nice

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Did you dump your rebreather off the back of a truck again?

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Did you dump your rebreather off the back of a truck again?

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Nope, my rEvo is just fine and went diving with me today. Had a nice 90 minute scooter dive with my Reference RS. I was even the hero for going after and saving another divers spool. He did not even know it was headed for the abyss until after the dive when I gave it back to him. Scooters make the impossible much more managable.
    Last edited by Dsix36; 30th May 2016 at 02:28.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

RBW Member oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya's Avatar
    Meg Apecs

KISS Classic

Don... Are you sure you mean meretricious?

Meticulous?

Meatless?

Matriculated?
    Last edited by oya; 30th May 2016 at 01:54.

rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by oya  View Original Post
    Don... Are you sure you mean meretricious?

Meticulous?

Meatless?

Matriculated?
    I went back and fixed it. I will stop trying to use such big words.

RBW Member oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya's Avatar
    Meg Apecs

KISS Classic

I will stop trying to use such big words.
    It always gets me into trouble.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by oya  View Original Post
    It always gets me into trouble.
    Avoid the small words as well, like "I do."
    Ken

Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

+ Reply to Thread