+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KISS Classsic water ingress and control

RBW Member Goferrin99 is an unknown quantity at this point Goferrin99's Avatar
    Nil

KISS Classsic water ingress and control

I can hear the purists cringing in horror but has anyone done anything to enhance a KISS Classic's water control or flood recovery abilities?

Like most rebreathers I return from 1 to 2 hour dives with some water in the system and the only way I have to expel this is to try to pour it out of the scrubber. Some exits through the central tube but most simply washes up through the sorb when the canister is tilted. After two or three dives the water is definitely noticeable while diving.

It would be great to exhaust any water present while diving or at least between dives.

Past posts have had little info on options and have just degenerated in agreements with little true information.

Options I can see are:

Do nothing and continue as is.

Add a chamois type absorbent to hold any water in the system and dry between dives.

Add a LP blanking plug to the base plate of the scrubber to allow water to be drained between dives with out compromising the sorb.

Add a Vent/OPV to the base plate to allow venting water mid dive.

Has anyone tried any of these or have any comments/suggestions?

RBW Member Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry's Avatar
    rEvo,Vision,KISS,Poseidon

Re: KISS Classsic water ingress and control

It is not just the KISS classic! It is also the KISS Spirit. I have put a small sponge into the EX-hale side of the heads. It helps a little bit but still the scrubber #1 is wet :)

I have 2 scrubbers with the Spirit so one is always dry, if that helps

Crappy design! But then this is to be expected of KISS these days!

Good luck!

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Re: KISS Classsic water ingress and control

1) I add a shamois at the bottom of the canister. Same kind as the one used in Megs.
    2) Between dives I remove the base of the canister to dry out the shamois and remove the water.

The trick to do it is to generously apply silicone grease to the o-rings of the base plate and to the bottom part (inside) of the tube. 1) Remove the complete scrubber keeping the rig upright. 2) Hold the tube and push the central rod down. The top and bottom plates will stay in place and the sorb won't be disturbed.
    Last edited by Philippe GERIN; 29th May 2016 at 17:12.

+ Reply to Thread