+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Funky HH problem

RBW Member Tecdiverfl is an unknown quantity at this point Tecdiverfl's Avatar

Funky HH problem

Yesterday I was diving the Hydro Atlantic a wreck at 165 feet. My HH was telling me I was at 624 feet and my first stop was at 240 feet. I checked to make sure it was not reading in meters and it was imperical. On the surface it was telling me I was at 240 feet. Has anyone else experienced this?

Marty

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar

Re: Funky HH problem

Quote Originally Posted by Tecdiverfl
    Yesterday I was diving the Hydro Atlantic a wreck at 165 feet. My HH was telling me I was at 624 feet and my first stop was at 240 feet. I checked to make sure it was not reading in meters and it was imperical. On the surface it was telling me I was at 240 feet. Has anyone else experienced this?

Marty
    Almost. I had the same thing but in metres. One of the reasons I got rid of them. Joe R mentioned a while a go that that bug had been fixed ?????
    WARNING: I contain occasional coarse language, extreme sexual references, nudity, and adult themes, which may offend some people - Usually churchy types.

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

I did have this problem once on my h/h. I was told I had hit some of the wrong buttons in the hammerhead handsets. This problem has been fixed so no one can make the same mistake. I did send the unit back to Kevin and he recalibrated it free of charge.

andibk

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Marty
    what version of the HH do you have??

If its a newer unit (al handsets), have you been keeping the pressure xducer hole filled with silicon?? if not it may be blocked..

If its an older unit, you probably accidentally erased the sensor calibration data from the diagnostics menu.. with "init unit".. a few people have done this, (even though the manual tells you to stay out of here unless directed) thats why the whole diag screen is no longer accessible (a shame since there was the usefule raw volts output function)

As to the "bug", it wasnt a depth reading bug, it was a deco depth bug, that poped up strange requests AFTER deo was cleared.. This only happend in a few instances and on very long dives.. I think it was only on very early Rev A units, and don;t think it ever made it to Rev B or later..

If the unit wasn't initted, the the pressure xducer could have been damaged, I have seen this with several dive computers after excessive g force (the strain guage within the sensor) breaks..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by jradomski; 12th June 2006 at 03:50.
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

RBW Member Tecdiverfl is an unknown quantity at this point Tecdiverfl's Avatar

Mine just came back from having the cases changed. Newest version

Marty

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Marty
    I'm having the same problems. After surfacing the depth sensor still gives a depth indication. And yes, I did fill up the hole with silicone. I only have the problem when I dive in salty or murky water. It is not the depth sensor, since I replaced it with a new one Kevin sent. I'm suspecting a small misallignment of the hole in the metal bezel and the hole underneath in the plastic hole. This could create a smaller overlapping area, where salt or other particles get too easily trapped. I'm going to make the hole in the SS bezel bigger. This should fix it, if this caused the problem.

I tried to contact Kevin via e-mail and phone several times to get their input on this issue but apparently he is too busy again .

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCDiver
    I'm having the same problems. After surfacing the depth sensor still gives a depth indication. And yes, I did fill up the hole with silicone. I only have the problem when I dive in salty or murky water. It is not the depth sensor, since I replaced it with a new one Kevin sent. I'm suspecting a small misallignment of the hole in the metal bezel and the hole underneath in the plastic hole. This could create a smaller overlapping area, where salt or other particles get too easily trapped. I'm going to make the hole in the SS bezel bigger. This should fix it, if this caused the problem.

I tried to contact Kevin via e-mail and phone several times to get their input on this issue but apparently he is too busy again .
    I got kevin last tuesday, He has been building units like a mad man... Hopes to be caught up quickly..

Don't make the Bezel hole too big, The intersema sensors are VERY sensitive to UV exposure..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Joe Radomski

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Marty

Marty,
    How recent is recent??

There is another possible cause for what you are seeing, and if its what I suspect, it has to go back to kevin..

Joe Radomski

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jradomski
    I got kevin last tuesday, He has been building units like a mad man... Hopes to be caught up quickly..

Don't make the Bezel hole too big, The intersema sensors are VERY sensitive to UV exposure..
    Joe, in your expert opinion, could a misalignment cause this problem? It is such a weird problem. I rinsed the handset (primary) with clean water and after 5 hours the depth returned to 0 again. This sounds like a blockage. But no problems so far when I dive in fresh water.

Quote Originally Posted by PCDiver
    Joe, in your expert opinion, could a misalignment cause this problem? It is such a weird problem. I rinsed the handset (primary) with clean water and after 5 hours the depth returned to 0 again. This sounds like a blockage. But no problems so far when I dive in fresh water.
    You situation definately sounds like some type of partial blockage.. Why not try a dive without the bezel and see what happens (keep handset out of direct sunlight when not in use).. My original AL units came without the bezels (they weren't ready yet)

If it works opening up the bezel hole a bit would probably then work.., it doesnt take much pressure to register a meter or so...

Joe Radomski

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast