+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inspiration Scrim maintenance

New Member Alan Crichton is an unknown quantity at this point Alan Crichton's Avatar

Question Inspiration Scrim maintenance

Just wondering what one needs to do to the scrubber scrim filters. Should one wash them with Buddy clean or just leave them ? Any advice gratefully received.

Decodiver

If it aint broke dont fix it!!

Alan,

I would rarely clean mine, I am talking once a year here, a quick rinse in warm water, never bothered with Buddy Clean.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Re: If it aint broke dont fix it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Decodiver
    Alan,

I would rarely clean mine, I am talking once a year here, a quick rinse in warm water, never bothered with Buddy Clean.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.
    Ditto...

I finished it once, but.. PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration Classic

Re: Inspiration Scrim maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Crichton
    Just wondering what one needs to do to the scrubber scrim filters. Should one wash them with Buddy clean or just leave them ? Any advice gratefully received.
    Don't do anything to them till they go all frayed at the edges and start to delaminate. Then change them. This should take lots and lots and lots of dives...... Four years ago I bought some as spares. I think they are both still in the packet in my spares box.......

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Tight as a camels arse in a sandstorm.

£4.30 replace 'em when you need to.

:D
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

If I was hydrophobic and you wanted to dump me in water to wash me I'd be upset.

Use them until they go all tatty then throw them out and use the set you bought all those years ago as spares before you realised how tough they were.

I finished it once, but.. PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS is a name known to all PeteS's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld
    Tight as a camels arse in a sandstorm.

£4.30 replace 'em when you need to.

:D
    So tight, I squeak when I walk...

New Member GPunch is an unknown quantity at this point GPunch's Avatar

I am still using the original ones for over 6 years now and have never been washed. Although they are a bit stained they still work fine. Tatty edges have been neatened periodically with a lighter.

New Member Timbo is an unknown quantity at this point Timbo's Avatar

Cool Re: Inspiration Scrim maintenance

Yep, leave em till tatty then buy a new set, TOP TIP
    Carry a spare set with your dive kit,
    Coz in a breeze they can blow away when you are changing your scrubber.

always a pain on a liveaboard in the Red Sea!!!! Doh!!!

New Member Alan Crichton is an unknown quantity at this point Alan Crichton's Avatar

Once again the re-breather community delivers the goods ! Many thanks to you all for the advice. I have bought a spare set but will continue with the originals until tatty and frayed. Regards

+ Reply to Thread