+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NEW tunnels discovered on May 7th, 2016 at the Tilly Foster Mine

RBW Member Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme

Dolphin

NEW tunnels discovered on May 7th, 2016 at the Tilly Foster Mine

South wall tunnels were discovered on May 7th, 2016 at the "Deep Flooded Mine" in Brewster, NY. Bob Thomas, Jonah Klien and I were all doing wall surveys, after our brief visit into the North wall tunnels. The three of us picked a certain depth to search, we all proceeded clockwise from the north, heading eastward. I located a large truck of some kind and marked it. We all spotted wreckage of some kind on another. Bob and Jonah came across the large overhang on the southern walls, which was known. Bob mentioned seeing "stalactites" in an overhanging section, but was not sure it was a tunnel. During dive 2, we focused on the southern walls, indeed the overhanging stone is impressive, and it kept going. I rolled video during my first encounter with the new tunnels, and it's in this video. Visibility was fair, not as good as the Garlock tunnel on dive one, but none the less, this was the first time this tunnel has been dove. We feel that more tunnels exist and at different depths along the walls. We will investigate further, run cave lines with arorrows, and map these out as we find them. I believe these tunnels were hacked out between 1860-1870's, the mine flooded in 1897, this is the first time they have been seen since that year.https://youtu.be/pZHMWFj88YQ
    Last edited by Dan Wright; 8th May 2016 at 20:36.

RBW Member Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee's Avatar
    OPTIMA

Re: NEW tunnels discovered on May 7th, 2016 at the Tilly Foster Mine

Awesome experience and video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Nice how you X the speed of the video.

Thanks for posting.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Nice how you X the speed of the video.

Thanks for posting.

Best regards,
    You are welcome, It's a mixed bag of benefits. Since I am moving so slowly, to not stir it up, with a monster DSLR setup, the video looks very smooth in real time. However, it's way too long to post (and everyone not fall asleep), so I ramp it. The flipside is it looks a lot more jerky than it was in real time. Glad I held it smoothly!

Hammerhead Extreme

Dolphin

Drawing of the new tunnel systems

Latest update on a map of the known tunnels at the "Deep Flooded Mine", the southern system was located on Saturday the 7th of May 2016. This Sunday we plan on running cave line and arrows into the newly discovered tunnels. Exciting stuff...
    Attached Images

Hammerhead Extreme

Dolphin

https://youtu.be/GfIZQjNYDGs
    Check out the revised version of the video I shot ten days ago. Color and clarity more accurate the the originally posted video. The Underwater Light Dude dual 10K lumen video lights were used here on 1/2 power with double layer of Rosco brand "tough spun" as diffusion.

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

Re: Drawing of the new tunnel systems

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wright  View Original Post
    Latest update on a map of the known tunnels at the "Deep Flooded Mine", the southern system was located on Saturday the 7th of May 2016. This Sunday we plan on running cave line and arrows into the newly discovered tunnels. Exciting stuff...

Wow the map is really coming along. Its got better detail than the laminated map I have of Dutch Springs.

+ Reply to Thread