+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hafa adai!

RBW Member J.C. is an unknown quantity at this point J.C.'s Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Hafa adai!

Greetings from the island gem of Guam. I am an AD USN medical officer going on 26 years of service. I have been diving since 1991 and received my initial OW certification when I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan. Finished up my OC tec instruction about a year ago and decided that tec CCR was the way too go to pursue additional advanced diving experience. Bikini atoll is at the top of my diving in bucket list. I completed my CCR 40 this weekend on my Prism 2. I look forward to progressing to the CCR 60 level once I locate an instructor nearby.

R/jc

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: Hafa adai!

Hi JC,

Nice to meet you on RBW.

Recently there's another person going to Guam, that posted, looking for people to dive there with.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

JC,

I'm up in Saipan and am always looking for ccr buddies, if you ever happen to be up this way (or I head down there). Small world, as I was in Okinawa from 2010 to 2013!

Welcome to RBW.

Jim

RBW Member Daveimschweiler is an unknown quantity at this point Daveimschweiler's Avatar
    Poseidon Se7en

Drager Dolphin

Moose Grunt: I'll be in Saipan for three weeks in January before heading to Guam. I will have my CCR with me. Is there RB support there?

RBW Member Daveimschweiler is an unknown quantity at this point Daveimschweiler's Avatar
    Poseidon Se7en

Drager Dolphin

J.C., Congrats on you Tec and CCR accomplishments. You probably trained with Eric at MDA. Great instructor.

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daveimschweiler  View Original Post
    Moose Grunt: I'll be in Saipan for three weeks in January before heading to Guam. I will have my CCR with me. Is there RB support there?
    I haven't found any commercial support here. I've been told to contact Dale Carhill, who used to work at Speedy Tertle (or maybe still does?) about getting O2, but I ended up buying a couple of industrial oxygen tanks. Sorb has to be shipped in from off-island. I basically gave up on local support and decided I have to be self-sufficient. You can try Dale; he might actually be helpful (I never got in touch with him)

When in January are you coming? I'm happy to help out. I've got 2L steels with inline valves, and 2 AL40 bailout cylinders. I'm running low on O2 at the moment, but we can swap those out and get new ones, assuming you don't mind industrial grade O2 that analyzes out at 92%.

The only problem is that I'll be gone at least half of January. If I'm off-island when you're here, I can leave the rebreather tanks and bailouts at a dive shop for you to borrow, but figuring out how to get you access to my oxygen cylinders will be problematic.

Let me know when you'll be in town, and we can go from there. I'll send a few emails to see if there's anyone that offers medical grade O2 fills commercially. Maybe Dale knows a guy that knows a guy.

Jim

RBW Member Steverin06 is an unknown quantity at this point Steverin06's Avatar
    Liberty

Howdy gents,

I'm TDY to Guam at least one a year, sometimes up to three times and always dive regularly when I'm there I've never brought my CCR but that may change if y'all know of a charter that allows longer than 1 hour dives.

Poseidon Se7en

Drager Dolphin

I'll be in Saipan from Jan 8th to the 28th. I'm stopping there first on my way to Guam for another 7 weeks. I'm only bring the RB along because I planned to dive it in Guam, but if it's not to much of a hassle I might dive it in Saipan. OC is okay if not. I only get to Saipan about every two years, so as long as I can get in the Grotto and a few other dives Ill be happy.

+ Reply to Thread