+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dräger LAR V vs OMG C96pro

RBW Member christian2510 is an unknown quantity at this point christian2510's Avatar
    Dräger Dolphin

Dräger LAR V vs OMG C96pro

Hi forum

I need your help

I'm want to buy an O2 rebreather.

I'm interessted in an dräger lar v and an omg c96pro

Both of it had good and bad aspects

With is youre experience?

Witch cut be the better one?

Thank you for the help

Greetings from Germany

And sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by christian2510; 7th May 2016 at 21:34.

RBW Member amonix is on a distinguished road amonix is on a distinguished road amonix's Avatar
    Meg Vision Discovery rEvo

, Dolphin, Satori, Voyager

Re: Dräger LAR V vs OMG C96pro

I've both rebreathers ... Lar VI and OMG Castoro (and also the military version Caimano). I prefer the C96 for on many aspects. Simple to build, weight, facilty to add a PPO2 monitor, price and spare parts availability.

RBW Member christian2510 is an unknown quantity at this point christian2510's Avatar
    Dräger Dolphin

Thanks for the help

Wher ist the differenc for the castoro to the caimono?

Greetings

Christian

RBW Member Dr. Surgery is an unknown quantity at this point Dr. Surgery's Avatar

I am currently on the market for a Dräger LAR V. Also, what is the difference between the LAR V, VI, and VII?

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Surgery  View Original Post
    I am currently on the market for a Dräger LAR V. Also, what is the difference between the LAR V, VI, and VII?
    Why?

The differences are minor in some cases, HUGE in others. What's your reason for wanting an O2 rebreather? They can be very limiting...

RBW Member sub5 is an unknown quantity at this point sub5's Avatar
    LAR V, LAR VII standard

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Surgery  View Original Post
    If having the possibility to choose between V, VI and VII, i would go for a V if you are able to get one in good shape.
    Its the most simple and compact of the three versions and there is the highest possibility to get spares.
    VI was meant to be the successor of the V. Its not available anymore and the US so far i know still uses the V in a modified version.
    VII standard can be used either with Oxygen (as a VI) or with 60% Nitrox as a VII.
    Its not produced anymore. You may get units in good shape from dutch sources.
    VII combi can switch in the dive between O2 and Nitrox. Never seen one of them in free market.

V, VII and VII are now replaced by 5000 and 7000.....
    I have not seen any of them appearing on the non-governmental market so far.

In general you may need to know that from VI and VII different versions were produced. Specifically the housings of the first units tend to crack.

al the best,
    Thomas

+ Reply to Thread