+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Choices for New Training

RBW Member Joe Cavallo is an unknown quantity at this point Joe Cavallo's Avatar

Choices for New Training

I am ready to become a rebreather diver and I have to chose a model to train on and buy. There are 3 instructors close to me that I could train with, the models they teach on are Inspiration, Hollis Prism, and REVO. The Inspiration instructor is the closet to my home so it would be easier to travel for class room and pool sessions. Traveling to Open Water Boat dives would be the same for all three. Based upon the research I have done on my own I am leaning toward choosing the Inspiration. I would appreciate any feedback about this choice.

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

Re: Choices for New Training

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cavallo  View Original Post
    I am ready to become a rebreather diver and I have to chose a model to train on and buy. There are 3 instructors close to me that I could train with, the models they teach on are Inspiration, Hollis Prism, and REVO. The Inspiration instructor is the closet to my home so it would be easier to travel for class room and pool sessions. Traveling to Open Water Boat dives would be the same for all three. Based upon the research I have done on my own I am leaning toward choosing the Inspiration. I would appreciate any feedback about this choice.

The revo is a great unit and the instructor that is close to you is second to none. I trained with him and have recommended him to 4 other in the last few month. All 4 are extremely satisfied with him and referring him to their friends now.

RBW Member atedeschi is an unknown quantity at this point atedeschi's Avatar
    Kiss Classic & Sidekick CCR

revo Hybrid, Golem Flex

Go with the revo and alternative the Hollis. I would stay away from the inspiration why are you leaning towards it? If you are ok having front mounted counter lungs why not the Meg?

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Quote Originally Posted by atedeschi  View Original Post
    Go with the revo and alternative the Hollis. I would stay away from the inspiration why are you leaning towards it? If you are ok having front mounted counter lungs why not the Meg?
    The Prism2 also has front mounted lungs, but I've never had a problem with them. Flood recovery is fantastic. The smaller 2.5L lungs are pretty good too, but I stick with the 3.5L lungs. Hollis has promised the RMCL's, but, they've been very late on delivery over the years, so, I'm not holding my breath that long. When they arrive, I'll evaluate the need.

RBW Member atedeschi is an unknown quantity at this point atedeschi's Avatar
    Kiss Classic & Sidekick CCR

revo Hybrid, Golem Flex

Quote Originally Posted by CGOUGHN  View Original Post
    The Prism2 also has front mounted lungs, but I've never had a problem with them. Flood recovery is fantastic. The smaller 2.5L lungs are pretty good too, but I stick with the 3.5L lungs. Hollis has promised the RMCL's, but, they've been very late on delivery over the years, so, I'm not holding my breath that long. When they arrive, I'll evaluate the need.
    Yes the Prism only has FMCLs what I was getting at if the OP was not set on just having BMCL which from there list they are not I would look at the MEG. Great unit if you want FMCL or TOSCL and made in US so if for some odd reason you did need to send it back it will be fast. That being said you can send you revo to NJ for service if the need came up.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Everybody likes his unit. Are there any friends around you diving Ccr ? What are they diving ? Easy for future help and spares . I like my rEvo because of very easy to build and maintenance but I would have probably liked the other units also.
    Have fun !

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

RBW Member P-A is an unknown quantity at this point P-A's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cavallo  View Original Post
    Take in consideration of what kind of diving you are planning to do in the future. Are you travelling world wide on dive trips than you probably should go for a travel friendly rebreather.

I guees you already have gone down the eccr or mccr choice path? If you havn't this should be your first action.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

While I don't own one, I would happily dive an Inspiration. It's available with BMCLs and there are lots of case options... It's probably the most tested unit out on the market based on AP's long tenure in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by atedeschi  View Original Post

+ Reply to Thread