+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UWLD LEDs vs Halcyon and Salvo HIDs

RBW Member Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme

Dolphin

UWLD LEDs vs Halcyon and Salvo HIDs

https://youtu.be/_5Ro3a95CfA
    Yesterday, May 5th, 2016, I did a pool test comparing HIDs and LEDs. This really confirms what I already knew, but I did want to see the spread of the LED beam. UWLD states that the beam is 120 degrees in the video lamps, I found that it was about the same as the older HID video reflectors. The HID reflectors give a smooth edge fall off, while the LEDs are a much harder edge. The LED system was twice the lumens as the HID, better color temperature and CRI, as the LED is 5600 Kelvin, while the HID is 6500.

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Re: UWLD LEDs vs Halcyon and Salvo HIDs

Nice work Dan, appreciate your time in this. I like both lamps, for video deep dives it looks like LED is the way to go. For bug hunting, HID seems best...

Thoughts?

RBW Member Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright has a spectacular aura about Dan Wright's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    Nice work Dan, appreciate your time in this. I like both lamps, for video deep dives it looks like LED is the way to go. For bug hunting, HID seems best...

Thoughts?
    Not sure, I am certain you are referring to using an HID primary to look for bugs, which I had great success with. The Salvo never let me down!

Would like to see a similar test with primaries. Uwld/halcyon focus (flare),salvo maybe.

Sent fra min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk

Hammerhead Extreme

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by the_dragon_no1  View Original Post
    Would like to see a similar test with primaries. Uwld/halcyon focus (flare),salvo maybe.

Sent fra min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk
    Sounds like a good idea, however, I may not be able to do that until the winter when I am in cave country untilt and I can put my hands on the newer Halcyon LED primaries.

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Thanks for your video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread