+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Improving Stage Bottle Trim with Evolution

RBW Member bl6394 is an unknown quantity at this point bl6394's Avatar
    APD Evolution

Improving Stage Bottle Trim with Evolution

I'm new to diving an Evolution and would like to improve the streamlining and trim of the stage / bailout bottles I'm carrying. I've tried using the "Verti-clips" on the wing - and it's a little far back for my liking - but hip D-rings are a bit low - because of the weight pouch placement. Must be a better way to get streamlined.

What has worked well for getting nice trim with stage bottles? Are you using bungees to pull valves into the armpits? Sidemounting with that Fishtail accessory?

Curious to know what has worked well for other Evolution divers.

Thanks,

Bjorn

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Re: Improving Stage Bottle Trim with Evolution

Everyone I know is using some variation of this
    http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com...sidemount.html

Not sure if that will work for you or not but I've found al80s through hp130s trim out lovely. I use a diverite "tech" buttplate, the golem gear version is too small for my butt lol
    https://www.divegearexpress.com/modu...ssembly-screws

RBW Member jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner's Avatar
    APD Evolution

I have a Narked At 90 stand on my Evolution (as I'm quite tall and the Evo isn't!) and added 2 backplate rings to the base of the stand. The lower stage clip goes onto the ring, which is nice and solid, and pulls the cylinder down and back, tucking it in neatly. I did use the wing rings for a while but I've always found that the wing flops about too much and the back of the stage keeps moving.

APD Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    Everyone I know is using some variation of this
    http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com...sidemount.html

Not sure if that will work for you or not but I've found al80s through hp130s trim out lovely. I use a diverite "tech" buttplate, the golem gear version is too small for my butt lol
    https://www.divegearexpress.com/modu...ssembly-screws
    I really like that Diverite tech buttplate a whole lot more than APDiving's "Fishtail." APDiving uses these little floppy D-Rings - which are hard to manage (they fold over, harder to hit one handed in dry gloves, etc.) I prefer the door handles.

I'll pick one up and figure out how to attach. Thanks!

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

I used a but plate for a while. Prefer the buterfly d rings now, You slide them over your crotch strap at the back

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    I used a but plate for a while. Prefer the buterfly d rings now, You slide them over your crotch strap at the back

I tried these as they were cheap but there's no way I can reach the rear parts of the crotch strap anymore. On my unit my forearms run into my CCR bottle valves.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rjack  View Original Post
    I tried these as they were cheap but there's no way I can reach the rear parts of the crotch strap anymore. On my unit my forearms run into my CCR bottle valves.
    You can't go over them ? I have lowered the butterfly d rings. They are around 15 cm below the bottem of my Ccr .

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    You can't go over them ? I have lowered the butterfly d rings. They are around 15 cm below the bottem of my Ccr .
    The bottles stick up and out too far on a Meg with Tiger mounts. So for me reaching the actual crotch strap is a no go now I'd love to put a reel there but its a major trim breaking contortion to even try. The OP can easily test his reach to butterfly rings of course.

I am very happy with the dive rite "tech" buttplate. You can view my BO cylinders with the tech plate and a loop bungie at about 1:20 here

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Thanks for the video! I was considering something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APD Evolution

rjack - thanks again. Great video!

Bjorn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast