+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie - General Hello and my initial thoughts

RBW Member asender is an unknown quantity at this point asender's Avatar
    Revo micro

Newbie - General Hello and my initial thoughts

Hi my name is Adrian, I am from Melbourne, Australia.

I have wanted to get into rebreather diving for a long time; 5 years ago I traveled to the Philippines to do some training. I backed out last minute due to one of the units (inspiration classic rebreather) had faulty solenoid and other issues. I came to the conclusion that salt water and electronics do not mix and backed out of the course.

Now, I have given the training another try locally in Australia. After years of reading and research, I decided on the revo training. Although the concept of rebreathers is very cool, in my opinion I am generally disappointed at the build quality; not just the revo but all the units have cheap plastics and threads. It is not plumbing, its a life support system. There seems to be a lack of smarts in the electronics (1990's style) on most the units.

Hopefully in the next year or two there will be some breakthroughs in the design of rebreathers... until then I am proceeding with caution.

I think this slide presentation pretty much sums up my thoughts; there needs to be some major redesign; revo with 2016 technology (RMS is a start) and no possible way to flood a unit, caustic cocktail, hypoxia, hyperoxia and hypercapnia (in my opinion solved with 2 scrubbers, however if you roll on your back even the condensation build up in the lungs from your breath is enough to soak one of the scrubbers on the exhale side)...

http://www.deeplife.co.uk/files/How_...ill_People.pdf

The courses are very expensive, I hired a unit as I am somewhat reluctant to buy one until the technology and build quality improves (both mccr and eccr). I must admit I have also spent allot of money in the Philippines on massages and blood tests.

All that said, it was very enjoyable diving on a revo rebreather; I love it, just don't want to pay the ultimate.

Revo is probably one of the better units on the market and that's why I chose it.

Regards,
    Adrian Sender
    Last edited by asender; 3rd May 2016 at 22:01.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Re: Newbie - General Hello and my initial thoughts

There are a few good second hands for sale !!! Have fun !!

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

+ Reply to Thread