+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sidemounting a dolphin

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

Dolphin, Prism 2, Poseidon

sidemounting a dolphin

I use my Dolphin mounted on a Hollis SMS75 and it works great with a AL45 on the butt side.

I've got a set of AL40s that I would like to sidemount for use with the Dolphin. Left side would be a regulator to drysuit, BCD, and then attachment to my BOV. Right side would be run to the Dolphin with an adaptor from DIN to Drager valve.

Has anyone sidemounted larger tanks with the Dolphin before?

RBW Member cidcolada is an unknown quantity at this point cidcolada's Avatar
    Dolphin

Re: sidemounting a dolphin

This has been done by at least one person some time ago. As I recall there are a few pictures floating around, but no in depth descriptions of how or why.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

RBW Member haaginheimer is an unknown quantity at this point haaginheimer's Avatar
    KISS GEM (modified)

I tried googling and searching the forum and I remember seeing someone did it with the Drager BCD but not if someone did it with a hydrogom or other shell

I'll be trying it this weekend. Guess I will post results.

I wish I had some LP steel 45s instead of the AL 40s I am using but the 40s are so common it could make for an easy travel option with a Dolphin using 40 deco tanks at places.

KISS GEM (modified)

I tried googling and searching the forum and I remember seeing someone did it with the Drager BCD but not if someone did it with a hydrogom or other shell

I'll be trying it this weekend. Guess I will post results.

I wish I had some LP steel 45s instead of the AL 40s I am using but the 40s are so common it could make for an easy travel option with a Dolphin using 40 deco tanks at places.

KISS GEM (modified)

first go at it was a bit of a bust

With the dolphin regulator at a higher pressure - I have the low pressure hose adapters from Martin I am using for easy hose replacement, would an omniswivel quick disconnect push enough gas to allow me to use them as quick disconnects? The thought would be to allow me to disconnect for transport and moving to/from dive sites

http://www.diverightinscuba.com/ffms...1sPRoCNRTw_wcB

Dolphin

That could almost certainly work as it will flow enough gas to supply a standard regulator.

On another note, I found the other thread that I was talking about. Unfortunately it has even fewer details than I remember.
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showt...n-sidemounting
    Last edited by cidcolada; 23rd May 2016 at 22:38.

KISS GEM (modified)

yeah not as helpful - but it does show some details

I've got all the connections I need from Martin.

Otherwise I could plumb both the ADV and the Orifice to a rEvo gas block (I happen to have one at home) and put an attachment on the one end for a quick disconnect

http://www.oceanedgeoutfitters.com/T.../revo-r557.htm

I had some issues getting set in sidemount with a drysuit so I tried to re-rig my setup with 40s on both left and right. The left side is going to be drysuit, wing, and connect to my BOV (I use a hollis P2 BOV) and the right side is the drager setup. Using a 50% orifice, an AL 40 will get me 2 hours of dive time (cold, great lakes diving) which would be maxing the scrubber out anyways

the Hollis SMS 75 wing seems to be a good fit with this, I've thought of inverting the tanks for a better grab

20160522_162634.jpg

KISS GEM (modified)

after re-re-re-reading it.... it's mentioned a Y splitter

http://www.omniswivel.com/Products/M...Z2-SZM-YM.html

this may be the cats meow

Dolphin

The rEvo block looks like it would work nicely with a QD between it and the 1st stage. Having all of the adapters from Martin would make this pretty easy.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

RBW Member graepaep is an unknown quantity at this point graepaep's Avatar

I sidemount mine... custom case, hollis rig, left tank drive, right tank bailout

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast