+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Nerd Mounting Strap

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Nerd Mounting Strap

Is it common to loosen and tighten the buckle part of the strap each time when mounting around next to the DSV loop. I find that by dropping the metal U shape part into the metal clasp, pulling the strap back and then pulling the clasp back gets really tight around the DSV, but find that I have to loosen the buckle strap each time to remove it.

Best regards,
    Last edited by Chett.L; 2nd May 2016 at 22:10.
    Chett. L

RBW Member tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit Lte

Azimuth, KISS CLASSIC,KISS GEM

Re: Nerd Mounting Strap

Yes and that is why I am pleading for someone with a head for design to come up with a better means of securing the NERD. I'd pay a serious price for a good strap that keeps it in view.

Quote Originally Posted by tcascione  View Original Post
    Yes and that is why I am pleading for someone with a head for design to come up with a better means of securing the NERD. I'd pay a serious price for a good strap that keeps it in view.
    Chris Romine makes this mount. Replaces the stock mount and works with the GG DSV.

mount 2.jpgmount.jpg

RBW Member ECho is on a distinguished road ECho is on a distinguished road ECho's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT

Meg

Ummm... Unless I'm seeing it wrong, doesn't that mount make it difficult to manipulate the DSV, without having to readjust the position of the NERD? I'm thinking that with a little thought, and a few blocks of delrin to whittle up, there's a simpler solution to be had...

Quote Originally Posted by ECho  View Original Post
    Ummm... Unless I'm seeing it wrong, doesn't that mount make it difficult to manipulate the DSV, without having to readjust the position of the NERD?
    Yes you must adjust the position after opening the loop. The ball loc arms make this painless. When closing the loop, it moves itself out of the way so there is no hinderance when coming off the loop. I thought that might be annoying when I first tried it, but it's not really.

I can put the Nerd in the position I want and it stays put throughout the dive. This means I can have it in the far lower corner of my mask. Using the factory mount it would always move, especially when scootering, so I'd have to put it further from the edge so that as it moved I could still see it. This ended up blocking more field of view than necessary.

I'd be happy to see what anyone else is using/doing.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

I find the rEvo mounting clip to be very easy and it always stays in place

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

RBW Member Baden Paddy is an unknown quantity at this point Baden Paddy's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

EngelenD,
    do you have pics from the revo mounting, please ?

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

I will make some when I get home

rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

On a GG shrimp BOV

The size of the bigger clip for the BOV versus the smaller for the rEvo dsv.

I will make a better one when I get home, these where on my phone from another post. I think the most important difference is that it's with a stainless steel attachment (static) versus the original . Once set in the right angle it stays like that.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    On a GG shrimp BOV

The size of the bigger clip for the BOV versus the smaller for the rEvo dsv.

I will make a better one when I get home, these where on my phone from another post. I think the most important difference is that it's with a stainless steel attachment (static) versus the original . Once set in the right angle it stays like that.

Wow! 2 HUDS, that what you call a back-up........

Best regards,
    Chett. L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast