+ Reply to Thread

Thread: APDiving OPV User Serviceable?

RBW Member bl6394 is an unknown quantity at this point bl6394's Avatar
    APD Evolution

APDiving OPV User Serviceable?

Hey - I've got minor leakage (negative) on my C/L OPV. It will pass the 2 minute test (but when the unit is wet - I can hear a slight gurgling indicating the leak. I'll borrow the spanner to remove the OPV and give it a thorough cleaning / inspection this weekend.

I saw that SilentDiving sells a replacement OPV - I was wondering (besides cleaning) is there anything else user serviceable inside this OPV? Can it be broken down for further cleaning / inspection - or is it designed to be replaced with a new unit?

RBW Member MadUKDiver is on a distinguished road MadUKDiver is on a distinguished road MadUKDiver's Avatar
    AP Evolution

Re: APDiving OPV User Serviceable?

Yes, the RB04 loop dump valve is user serviceable.

There's a drawing here

Be aware that item 3, the adjusting screw has 2 threads, if you start it 180 degrees out then the loop dump valve will not 'click' into the high and low positions. Check this on assembly and correct as required.

APD Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by MadUKDiver  View Original Post
    Yes, the RB04 loop dump valve is user serviceable.

There's a drawing here

Be aware that item 3, the adjusting screw has 2 threads, if you start it 180 degrees out then the loop dump valve will not 'click' into the high and low positions. Check this on assembly and correct as required.
    Already a worthwhile thread!

I purchased used - and it has never clicked - either because of wear or past assembly.

Thank you for the tip!

RBW Member jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner's Avatar
    APD Evolution

Thorough clean is good enough sometimes - I've had a bit of salt gunk on there in the past that caused mine to leak very slightly but filling the lung with fresh water and draining it slowly out through the OPV got rid of it and it sealed up just fine when dry afterwards. I've added this step to my cleaning procedures now to keep it cleaned.

APD Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by jturner  View Original Post
    Thorough clean is good enough sometimes - I've had a bit of salt gunk on there in the past that caused mine to leak very slightly but filling the lung with fresh water and draining it slowly out through the OPV got rid of it and it sealed up just fine when dry afterwards. I've added this step to my cleaning procedures now to keep it cleaned.
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread