+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New rb concept

Re: New rb concept

Well let's see pictures of the prototype....

RBW Member jale is on a distinguished road jale is on a distinguished road jale's Avatar
    Sidekick, Joki, Flex, HH, C96

Are you working on a new "rb concept" or a new rb model?!
    If it is a new model, well why not.
    If it is a new concept, I am curious :)

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

I am curious as to what is conceptually new about it since from the outside it looks quite conventional.
    Sure hope the hose size is increased. Looks kind of small.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member P-A is an unknown quantity at this point P-A's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by GrimSleeper  View Original Post
    How on earth can you claim to know where the centre of gravity might be, based on that sketch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Simple, Physics!

All of the heavy components low and air compartments high in the head. There can only be one outcome. "Sea horse" trim that you might be able to fix with weight pockets high in the unit. Basic flaw in rebreahter design with tankvalves turned upside down. Nothing new and revolutionary just old facts often neglected.

New Member Tech alex is an unknown quantity at this point Tech alex's Avatar
    Ouroborus

Mk15, Poseidon Mk 6 60m

Ok I'm not trying to put a dampener on anyone's initiative here, there is a couple of points that I will draw attention to, inverted cylinders etc etc yes, weight can go low, yes seahorse position etc,,,, they had this issue with the ouroborus, hence they have lead pouches (bags really) attached at the top of the casing at the back of the shoulders to help trim out... Also , again ouroborus in nature is the rear mounted display. (On most now they don't work) a good idea in theory if your diving with other people that understand it... (And can read it)
    But,,,,, illustrations are ok, but what is going on underneath? And what are the planned special features?

RBW Member tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit Lte

Azimuth, KISS CLASSIC,KISS GEM

Cool Re: New rb concept

Have you got a name for it (Hint: Don't choose Apocalypse-it was already taken)

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Or even a PDF?

RBW Member GrimSleeper is an unknown quantity at this point GrimSleeper's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Quote Originally Posted by P-A  View Original Post
    Simple, Physics!

All of the heavy components low and air compartments high in the head. There can only be one outcome. "Sea horse" trim that you might be able to fix with weight pockets high in the unit. Basic flaw in rebreahter design with tankvalves turned upside down. Nothing new and revolutionary just old facts often neglected.
    All I see is a sketch of a box with some hoses coming out of it... My point, really, was that it seems a bit odd to be making definitive statements about one aspect of a 'design' when that design doesn't actually seem to exist. But it doesn't matter.

RBW Member P-A is an unknown quantity at this point P-A's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by GrimSleeper  View Original Post
    All I see is a sketch of a box with some hoses coming out of it... My point, really, was that it seems a bit odd to be making definitive statements about one aspect of a 'design' when that design doesn't actually seem to exist. But it doesn't matter.

IMHO trim and balance should be the first aspect of the design not the last.

RBW Member GrimSleeper is an unknown quantity at this point GrimSleeper's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Well, I can dive an Inspo in trim, wearing a wetsuit and with no added weight (in salt water, anyway) so I guess I'm more interested in WOB, reliability, flood recovery, stuff like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast