+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PSAI and REVO

RBW Member jale is on a distinguished road jale is on a distinguished road jale's Avatar
    Sidekick, Joki, Flex, HH, C96

Re: PSAI and REVO

Quote Originally Posted by Vanny  View Original Post
    Being able to gain the 75mtr ticket from air dil was a bonus too.
    Hi
    Sorry if I misread it but you are diving RB to 75 with air dil ? Yes, why not, I know, I did it in warm tropical water because no He was available and it was my personal choice :)
    But frankly, the beauty of RB is to be able to use TX on the cheap... So what is the point of a COURSE with air dil to 75m. For me it is a non-sense...
    Jale

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

I think he meant he was able to go straight from air dil to a 75m mix ticket?

RBW Member jale is on a distinguished road jale is on a distinguished road jale's Avatar
    Sidekick, Joki, Flex, HH, C96

oops indeed, it seems I read it to fast but when I heard PSAI, (stupid) "narcosis management" courses come to my mind and did an assimilation... My bad
    Or do they have "narcosis management" courses for the RB curriculum?!

RBW Member Vanny is an unknown quantity at this point Vanny's Avatar
    Inspo vision

Ha ha yes quite. Went from 45mtr air dil deco to 75mtr mix deco.

I wouldn't even dive 75mtr on air on a single 15.

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

The book used in my revo class was not from the agency.

So - that being said - has the original question been answered? Are there any PSAI instructors teaching REVO on CCR?

RBW Member Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile's Avatar
    Meg

Sure, you can buy one from Wakulla and have it drop shipped to the Fort Lauderdale guys... the most important thing is you receive the training from someone you trust.

Martini Diver Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW's Avatar
    rEvo III Expedition + others

rEvo Meg AP Sentinel KISS

Quote Originally Posted by manni-yunk  View Original Post
    Does anyone know if PSAI still offers revo courses? I have found some older links that at one time they were approved through REVO and did have a few instructors teaching REVO - but it that still the case?

It's been a few years since I was a paid up PSAI instructor so I may be completely wrong on this one for the USA but I'm certain there are none in Europe.

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanny  View Original Post
    I'm in the uk and recently did the ccr 75m ticket. Tried to get my mate on a Meg on it but couldn't. We're on inspo and apparently the courses are unit specific now. Industry led thing. If you've got a suitable qualified instructor happy days , if not ......
    Vanny,
    The Qualification doesn't have to be unit specific (subject to agency guidelines), but the current HSE/ACOPS recommendations are that the instructor delivering the course should be diving the same unit as the students.
    So the agency could still offer a non unit specific course but the instructor and all students would need to all be on the same unit.

Simon A

Martini Diver Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW's Avatar
    rEvo III Expedition + others

rEvo Meg AP Sentinel KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Simon A  View Original Post
    Vanny,
    The Qualification doesn't have to be unit specific (subject to agency guidelines), but the current HSE/ACOPS recommendations are that the instructor delivering the course should be diving the same unit as the students.
    So the agency could still offer a non unit specific course but the instructor and all students would need to all be on the same unit.

Simon A
    Don't think so Bud

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showt...856#post444856

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simon TW  View Original Post
    It was some time ago and it may have changed, but when discussing this with Paul from rEvo he suggested that the wording was to ensure that an instructor was qualified to the relevant standard to teach students diving the unit they were using on the course. And there was no reason the qualification it's self could not be like the old IANTD Trimix qualifications which were non unit specific and were then validated by a Mod 1 card for the unit you were diving

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2