+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Leading certified divers

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Re: Leading certified divers

This is a question I have had many times off diving instructors taking class on CCR trying to gain hrs while guiding, it really isnt the place to gain experience on you new unit, if your a seasoned rebreather diver and very self sufficient and willing to carry gas for you and gas for your divers then I don't see any issue with it, they need to be made aware of how you will pass gas and your at higher risk of no one being to assist you in a rescue but that aside we should all be quite self reliant when diving CCR anyway, in my experience most rec dive bases won't let employees or guides do this.

My 2 cents

RBW Member divemedic85 is an unknown quantity at this point divemedic85's Avatar
    rEvo3 Mini

make it easy, dive OC

Richard Huntrods sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy's Avatar
    Prism Topaz

With respect to leading OC divers on what might be called "club dives"; I used to do it, but won't anymore. Too often what should have been a relaxing longish dive ended in 20 min or less due to "gear issues" or a diver running low on gas.

If I'm leading a club dive I just go OC.

However, my regular dive partner is on twin-tank OC and we have great long, relaxing dives. The only restriction we have is on depth / deco. However, as the dives are all photo/video dives on shallower walls, this is not an issue.

RBW Member exposure is an unknown quantity at this point exposure's Avatar
    APD Evolution+

My 2 cents. The only question to answer is "will you be able to respond to the client need with your CCR?". That obviously also concerns emergency and applies to any configuration. When I am doing this on side mount it even create some interests. On the opposite, I won't do it on CCR because of my level. But we are not equal.

RBW Member germie is an unknown quantity at this point germie's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

It depends on the group. On easy shallow dives I prefer to dive oc. When it are trimixdives, I dive ccr. With enough bailout of course.
    I am member of a cmas club too. In nob/cmas is nothing written about ccr, when I did my crossover I asked them and they did not had an answer. There is written that every diver needs to dive with an octopus or secundaire regulator. When you dive ccr you have your bailout, so the extra gassource. So then it is allowed was the conclusion.
    As I am cmas instructor too, and sometimes there are too less instructors I have teached a couple of dives to absolute beginners while diving ccr. I had planned funsolodives on my own and then arriving at the lake they asked me to take a beginner. I could do all skills except finding regulator back 1&2. The beginner did not had any problems with my rebreather. Gassharing we have done too (then I went off the loop of course, or gave my bailout). But for myself I prefer then to dive oc. I told that club, if you need someone and I have some private diveplans on that day, call me, then if I say yes for a voluntary lesson, I will take my twinset.
    With ccr it is more difficult to look around. The loop prevents turning your head around easy. That is what me most limits when diving on ccr with beginners.
    So it is allowed within cmas/nob, I don't prefer. But just guiding, I don't see why not.

On other oc courses I teach for a different agency I do the shallower dives on oc too. On oc I can show the skills, do the demonstrations of valvedrills, S-drills, gasswitches, etc. But on the deeper dives I dive trimix on ccr since I am allowed to do as I am ccr instructor too. When I did not was ccr instructor I never dove in courses ccr. Always oc.
    Next month I have an oc cave course planned, I will dive oc. It's easier for me then.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

I gues like said before: depends on the group !
    I wouldn't care others might .

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2