+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Deep OC BO

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Deep OC BO

Anybody have any Video of Full OC BO from DEEP CAVE, way back in?? Just interested in seeing if anyone has something to share.. Real Life

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Re: Deep OC BO

Quote Originally Posted by Clive O' Driscoll  View Original Post
    Anybody have any Video of Full OC BO from DEEP CAVE, way back in?? Just interested in seeing if anyone has something to share.. Real Life
    You think I had time to video it :D

Only two things worth noteing was SAC calculated post dive was 18lpm on deep bailout (93m). No C02 issues so once on OC there was the initial panic then a return to my normal SAC (sub15)

Teem bailout failed totaly (he panicked worse than me) and ill never run teem bailout again.

The problem as I see it is most of us are right on the sphincter clench limit when we are forced to run teem bailout. The plan ios for the person with the failure to be understandably stressed and the buddy to be all calm colected & helpfull.

But thats bollocks, hes on the limit too and hes bricking it worse than you and getting all "i am still ok this is your problem" on your arse.

You think you know your buddy and his limits & how far hes willing to go for you but untill the day its properly tested out you reely dont.

And that day is a bad day to find out the truth

ATB
    Last edited by Mark Chase; 24th March 2016 at 07:49.

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post

Only two things worth noteing was SAC calculated post dive was 18lpm on deep bailout (93m). No C02 issues so once on OC there was the initial panic then a return to my normal SAC (sub15)

Teem bailout failed totaly (he panicked worse than me) and ill never run teem bailout again.

The problem as I see it is most of us are right on the sphincter clench limit when we are forced to run teem bailout. The plan ios for the person with the failure to be understandably stressed and the buddy to be all calm colected & helpfull.

But thats bollocks, hes on the limit too and hes bricking it worse than you and getting all "i am still ok this is your problem" on your arse.

You think you know your buddy and his limits & how far hes willing to go for you but untill the day its properly tested out you reely dont.

ATB
    Thanks Mark,

Always welcome your stuff. Id say your right too about the Team BO.
    Regarding your Buddy, when the shit hits, i guess it hits All, human nature and all that.

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Thanks Mark,

Always welcome your stuff. Id say your right too about the Team BO.
    Regarding your Buddy, when the shit hits, i guess it hits All, human nature and all that.
    Agreed!

Poslano z mojega SM-J500FN z uporabo Tapatalk

Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by tom mount View Original Post
    ...So if a dive has CCR divers on and it would take 100 cubes of gas to get one diver out, the team would have to have a total of 150 cubes of gas. Or 75 cube each. On a 3-person team each diver would need 50 cubes. This is the minimum one would ever carry. Many of us will carry 2 40’s vs. one 80. This is as it allows more switching between team members ensuring no diver is without bailout at any point

So the process is-the diver with a loss of loop failure will go to his or her OC bailout, upon using 50% of it they will exchange cylinders with the buddy. Again use 50% and exchange gas with a buddy this is repeated until a safe exit has taken place. If it were an extensive dive gas may be staged just as on OC dives.

Now lets go back a few steps as this represents what happens if there is a total loop failure (something that in all my diving experience on CCR I have not had)

Bailout options on CCR
    1. Minimum loop volume po2 maintance
    2. Variable SCR based on depth of dive
    3. Personal OC bailout
    4. Rotation of OC bailout with buddy(s)

When you consider these options and then acknowledge that a OC diver has only one option and that is the buddies gas and in addition they will be tied to the buddy by the long hose which usually slows the swim pace (remember at max penetration point rule of thirds is one third has been used-one third remains for exit and one third for emergencies) Now as the divers are in an emergency the gas safety depends on neither diver increasing their respiration rate and also on maintaining the same swim pace. If they are slowed by 10% there will not be adequate gas to exit unless current is pushing them out. In they increase the breathing rate there will not be enough gas to exit. S0 I would say the OC diver has less safety options than the CCR diver does. In fact this scenario is a good argument for 3 person teams on OC cave dives...

Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

The reason I asked this was because I remember when Add Helium were showing their Video's of the PIT and on 1 of those, they mentioned they did a Full OC BO from the Wakula room and I was just interested in seeing if the Gas consumed was above or to Plan.

Reason being; I read a few years ago about a PLANNED 100M BO from Inspo CCR, just can't remember who the Instructor was, but he and his Partner, Both were on Inspo CCR, and once they hit 100M, He was to BO.

From what he said he was in total Shock of the amount of Gas that he Chuffed through, he mentioned about First the Noise, and just the feeling of being on OC from Depth.

So, I was just wondering, but thanks Mark.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

The reason I asked this was because I remember when Add Helium were showing their Video's of the PIT and on 1 of those, they mentioned they did a Full OC BO from the Wakula room and I was just interested in seeing if the Gas consumed was above or to Plan.

Reason being; I read a few years ago about a PLANNED 100M BO from Inspo CCR, just can't remember who the Instructor was, but he and his Partner, Both were on Inspo CCR, and once they hit 100M, He was to BO.

From what he said he was in total Shock of the amount of Gas that he Chuffed through, he mentioned about First the Noise, and just the feeling of being on OC from Depth.

So, I was just wondering, but thanks Mark.

Admiting to high SAC in a poo fan situation is right up there with admiting you have a tiny dick :D

In theory no one should be doing dives on the limits of carried bailout unless they have vast experiance building up to said dive and that experiance should have taught them what their panicked SAC was

Trouble is, in many ways the CCR just makes it too easy to go deep for a long time

ATB

Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Trouble is, in many ways the CCR just makes it too easy to go deep for a long time

That's Exactly what my Instructor said, but he followed it up with - When Murphy puts his hand on you and says, " Lets make Your Dive more fun "

The Initial Panic of being on OC is a bad feeling for sure, I remember my TX course, 60M Deep and was doing the Planned OC BO to surface, reheresed it that night in my room with my Thai Girl :) Over and Over, said ah fuck it, all is great..

Dive day,

Dropped and my Buddy ( who was carrying half of MY gas) had an emergency - for Real, BO and went up, heart rate went up to say the least, then Instructor turns to Me ( after seeing to my Buddy, whom was training to be a TX Instructor ) and says, Now You.....

What happened next will Never leave me,

I was like, ah ya, easy... Switched BOV to OC, purged, then breathed calmly, found Correct Second stage, deployed and took Loop out of gob, put second stage Reg in, Purged and NOTHING... got the Fright of my Life, 2 empty breaths and then Instructor OPENED my First stage..... That look will forever be right next to me :)

Its Funny/ Not you can be a squared away Diver, do your skills, Practise, Practise, Practise, on Every Dive, Know your Shit, and Know it well, and Still FUCK UP....

Again, Reason for Asking in the First place, was to Learn...

Thanks again Mark..

By the way, don't be talking about small Dicks LOL :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post

ATB
    which cave was this in ? How far did you have to swim out ?

JJ Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by deepunderground  View Original Post
    which cave was this in ? How far did you have to swim out ?

Dont know if its got a name but its in Jack Fish Alley in the red sea I think the entrance is at 70m?

Cant remember how far in it was (it was in 2005) but no more than 10mins at a guess

ATB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast