+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another diver joins the dark side...

RBW Member RayDubs is an unknown quantity at this point RayDubs's Avatar
    Megalodon 2.7

Another diver joins the dark side...

Hello everybody!

I am a new rebreather diver that just got certified on my Megalodon a few days ago in Florida with Greg Stanton at Wakulla Dive Center. The course was 8 days long and they were very long days (12+ hours). I learned a lot during the class, I realized that there is so, so much more to learn, and with me lurking on this forum, I am starting to realize this is a great resource to do just that!

I am absolutely in love with rebreather diving. I really love the peace and quiet of the rebreather as well as the insane bottom time you can achieve with minimal gas usage. I dive a lot in cold water and I have a feeling this will make a nice difference in how warm I am throughout the course of the dive. I am definitely looking forward to using my Meg a lot this year. The doors have been opened to a whole new world, and boy, am I excited!!

Maybe I will meet some of you in the future. If anybody dives the Great Lakes regularly, especially Lake Michigan, let me know and maybe we can go for a couple of dives!

Look forward to meeting and maybe even diving with some of you. :)

RBW Member bl6394 is an unknown quantity at this point bl6394's Avatar
    APD Evolution

Re: Another diver joins the dark side...

Quote Originally Posted by RayDubs  View Original Post
    Hello everybody!

I am a new rebreather diver that just got certified on my Megalodon a few days ago in Florida with Greg Stanton at Wakulla Dive Center. The course was 8 days long and they were very long days (12+ hours). I learned a lot during the class, I realized that there is so, so much more to learn, and with me lurking on this forum, I am starting to realize this is a great resource to do just that!

I am absolutely in love with rebreather diving. I really love the peace and quiet of the rebreather as well as the insane bottom time you can achieve with minimal gas usage. I dive a lot in cold water and I have a feeling this will make a nice difference in how warm I am throughout the course of the dive. I am definitely looking forward to using my Meg a lot this year. The doors have been opened to a whole new world, and boy, am I excited!!

Maybe I will meet some of you in the future. If anybody dives the Great Lakes regularly, especially Lake Michigan, let me know and maybe we can go for a couple of dives!

Look forward to meeting and maybe even diving with some of you. :)
    Welcome Ray!

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Hi Ray,

Nice to meet you on RBW.

Best regards,
    Chett
    Chett. L

New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Inspiration vision

Instead of saying you joined the darkside, call it you've become a shark. I consider scuba like a whale, of course a whale is a fast creature, very powerful, but needs to breath and limited by the scuba tank while a shark is stealthy, quiet, and sleek.

RBW Member B24L is an unknown quantity at this point B24L's Avatar
    Meg

Hi Ray
    Three of us up here in Appleton WI diving megs. Dive out of Milwaukee 4-5 times a year and do a trip to the Straits each year. Hope to see you on a boat.

RBW Member RayDubs is an unknown quantity at this point RayDubs's Avatar
    Megalodon 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJN  View Original Post
    Instead of saying you joined the darkside, call it you've become a shark. I consider scuba like a whale, of course a whale is a fast creature, very powerful, but needs to breath and limited by the scuba tank while a shark is stealthy, quiet, and sleek.
    Never looked at it like that before. I like that. :)

Quote Originally Posted by B24L  View Original Post
    Hi Ray
    Three of us up here in Appleton WI diving megs. Dive out of Milwaukee 4-5 times a year and do a trip to the Straits each year. Hope to see you on a boat.
    Awesome stuff! I sent you a message.

RBW Member Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile has a spectacular aura about Skankpile's Avatar
    Meg

Greg indoctrinated him with a Meg so he's joined a Cult.

He will be the guy looking down on all the yellow backed erector set looking divers that just willy-nilly dump in sorb, flip a switch and splash that are waiting for him in the water.

Escaped... Lab Rat is an unknown quantity at this point Lab Rat's Avatar
    Meg Driver

Cool Re: Another diver joins the dark side...

Great choice on the unit and welcome to a whole new way of spending money and time....errr I mean having fun....

-R

+ Reply to Thread