+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Megalodon on craigslist

RBW Member backmount is an unknown quantity at this point backmount's Avatar

Megalodon on craigslist

Scam on craigslist London UK.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/sgd/5462786112.html

I got burnt. Don't let it happen to you. He had the answers to my questions and was able to provide additional pictures and information beyond the add. Once payment went through he cut off contact. I sent an email from my wife's account and he said it is still for sale.

Sellers info:
    BOTOSAN P MARIAN
    ADDRESS:1 LESSINGHAM AVENUE,ILFORD,ESSEX,IG5 0BJ
    TSB BANK:
    BANK ADDRESS:76 HIGH STREET ,ILFORD,BARKINGSIDE ,IG6 2DW
    Sort Code:77-13-02
    Account number:89307060
    IBAN: GB13LOYD77130289307060
    BIC: LOYDGB21N53

Mike

RBW Member fullytek is an unknown quantity at this point fullytek's Avatar
    megabastard

Re: Megalodon on craigslist

So are you going to fly to England and brake his legs?

How did you pay him?

I stupidly used a wire transfer. I use emt and wire so often that it never occurred to me to use something else. The bank is seeing what they can do.

RBW Member fullytek is an unknown quantity at this point fullytek's Avatar
    megabastard

Your confadent that the name and address is accurate?

Same one connected to the account. But with scammers who knows. Nobody should send money to those details.

RBW Member Vanny is an unknown quantity at this point Vanny's Avatar
    Inspo vision

Have you reported to the police? Might be worth contacting the uk police, that area would be under London, Metropolitan police. My wife just said its worth contacting the bank direct as well, this should be seen as fraud.

The address looks genuine, not to say its not part of an elaborate fraud.

You may want to consider using someone like this http://www.firstcollect.com

It'll cost but I'm assuming you've sent a fair amount of money.

Police are on the list for today. There is actually a separate reporting place for the UK for internet based crimes. Will just take time and has to be done from a computer (not phone).

The address is a house. Not some empty lot or office building. I checked that before I sent the money.

For the money my bank has initiated an investigation (I have provided everything they need to conclude it is a fraud). I won't get into those details until they have done all they can.

RBW Member asender is an unknown quantity at this point asender's Avatar
    Revo micro

Thumbs up Re: Megalodon on craigslist

I am sure your bank can reverse the bank-wire, this is standard practice. I have done this before when I have purchased an item or service that does not meet the description.

If the bank does not do a reversal you need to go to the Financial Ombudsman. This is fraud and not your problem, it is your banks problem.

Don't worry, you will get your money back, the bank can fully reverse the transaction and pull it out of the scammers account. If there is no money in the scammers account the account will go into a negative balance.

Regards,
    Adrian Sender

Quote Originally Posted by backmount  View Original Post
    Police are on the list for today. There is actually a separate reporting place for the UK for internet based crimes. Will just take time and has to be done from a computer (not phone).

The address is a house. Not some empty lot or office building. I checked that before I sent the money.

For the money my bank has initiated an investigation (I have provided everything they need to conclude it is a fraud). I won't get into those details until they have done all they can.
    Last edited by asender; 16th April 2016 at 14:10.

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

First question... Why the hell someone goes buy a rebreather on Craiglist?!?! I wouldnt buy a toaster from there. Much less a rebreather.

Second... If you looked to the photos carefully You would see on the last photo the name of the owner written on the primary controller... JILL HEINERTH... INTOTHEBLUE.COM

A little dubious no? I bet she sold this rebreather and someone just picked the photos from the internet and the money from your wallet.

I'm honestly sorry for the loss but sometimes people push the luck.
    Last edited by Ballester; 18th April 2016 at 19:32.

It's listed for sale again.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/sgd/5540185355.html

Mike

+ Reply to Thread