+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alone in a not so foreign land....

RBW Member JVision805 is an unknown quantity at this point JVision805's Avatar

Alone in a not so foreign land....

Is there any body... out there???

I am on the west coast in California, based out of Santa Barbara. I am looking for any info on dive shops from SB to San Diego that offer support for rebreather divers.

I am curious about -

Sorb Sources
    Oxygen fills
    Looking for a reasonably priced booster pump in the near future
    People to dive with or groups to get involved with

I am diving a Prism2

Really just looking for some contacts out here in the southern California area.
    As of now, I have been on a Solo Rebreather journey, trying to completely outfit myself for diving in California, through companies in Florida... (Which have been great, but 2700 miles away)

I'll take all the info i can get!

Thanks in advance.

RBW Member jkhaywood is an unknown quantity at this point jkhaywood's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

MK-16

Re: Alone in a not so foreign land....

San Diego Divers in Sorrento Valley offers full support for CCR and technical diving. Additionally, their owner is a Prism instructor.

RBW Member JVision805 is an unknown quantity at this point JVision805's Avatar

Thanks for taking the time to respond jkhaywood! I am not sure if I am using the threads correctly or not, but it seems hard to get any response from people on the forum.
    I was planning to cruise down to SD to dive on the Marissa. I have my own boat that I dive off out of SB.
    Hoping to get involved with some other divers out here.

I will look into the shop you mentioned, I think I have been in there before.

Regards

John

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

Give me another year or so. Still in my research stage right now. Southern Cali is the closest domestic salt water to where I am at.

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Try Robin Jacoway, he is a JJ and rEvo instructor who is very active in SD

rjacoway@deepoutdoors.com

RBW Member hattdiver is an unknown quantity at this point hattdiver's Avatar

Hi,

I dive a lot in San Diego. Either off my boat or on the charters. I am diving a KISS rebreather for shallower stuff and OC for a little deeper stuff, based on depths I am trained to. If you plan on diving off the Marissa or Waterhorse give me a shout. I also scooter with a cuda 400 and spearfish. I really don't like any of the other charters.

Greg

RBW Member vrocco is an unknown quantity at this point vrocco's Avatar

I did some training with Rusty at Scuba Schools of America in Montclair. You can find their website by googling.

Mixed gas fills, he can get you sorb and sensors and any other parts. He's also an instructor on quite a few manufacturers and models (contact him for a full list).

SSI shop and he does training from Open Water up through the Tec courses.

Good guy and runs a nice operation.

+ Reply to Thread