+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Extremely expensive

Re: Extremely expensive

answer to all above. come down to Florida and dive. then pick up parts at add helium so you can save on shipping

RBW Member oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya's Avatar
    Meg Apecs

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC  View Original Post
    Aggregated information so people don't have to do the work. All conversions from xe.com

Narked@90 Molex cell: £54.93 (no VAT) --- US$78.47 --- CA$104.61

Add Helium Narked cell: US$$114.45 --- CA$152.58

Using my address in Arizona:
    Shipping from Narked is £15, or US$21.43
    Shipping from AddHelium is US$5.68

Total cost from Narked@90: Approx $180 US
    Total cost from Add Helium: Approx $235 US

That's a cost difference of approximately $55 US depending on where I ordered from. That's fairly significant savings, almost 70% of the cost of a third cell. The decision for US customers is whether or not the convenience of Add Helium is worth the cost. For foreign customers the decision is whether or not the cost of international shipping from the UK or from the US makes up for any cost of the actual product.
    Might want to double check some of the math here.

However, the core concept of the AH cells being way on the upper end of pricing definitely holds true. There are way cheaper sources.

RBW Member JohnnyC is an unknown quantity at this point JohnnyC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oya  View Original Post

However, the core concept of the AH cells being way on the upper end of pricing definitely holds true. There are way cheaper sources.
    Where did I screw up? I used exchange rates from xe.com and rounded a little bit, ergo the "approx." in there at the totals. The shipping costs were taken straight from each sites "Checkout" process based on my zip code. The totals are based on 2 cells since that's what the OP was asking about. I guess that wasn't clear. Is that the issue you're talking about? I'll go back and try to edit if I can.

RBW Member oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya's Avatar
    Meg Apecs

KISS Classic

Extremely expensive

From your numbers I get from AH: $120.38
    From N@90: $99.90

Which is not even to mention there are cheaper sources for Teledyne cells in the US, too. And overall your core concept is absolutely right.

Sorry if I missed something. Lots of numbers tend to startle me.

Edited to add: I just realized what I missed... Based on two cells.

RBW Member JohnnyC is an unknown quantity at this point JohnnyC's Avatar

From your numbers I get from AH: $120.38
    From N@90: $99.90

Which is not even to mention there are cheaper sources for Teledyne cells in the US, too. And overall your core concept is absolutely right.

Sorry if I missed something. Lots of numbers tend to startle me.

Edited to add: I just realized what I missed... Based on two cells.
    I edited my first post to clarify. The OP wanted 2 sensors, so I did the totals on 2 sensors, not 1, I just forgot to mention it. Thanks for catching it.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I am going to put my disclaimer here first so that hopefully nobody gets sand in their pus*y over this. The following post is stupid and totally uncalled for. It is merely my socially unacceptable sense of humor showing up in a satire manner. If you drive a Prius, dive a Prism, or like Pink (see all those "P") you will probably be offended and should not continue. The rest of you that may have enough common sense to see the intended humor, please feel free to continue reading.

Although it may be true that Add Helium does have a price-tag on their items that is higher than other places, they more than make up for it in complete lack of customer service, utter disdain for their customer, and absolutely no useful knowledge of either the product or the dive industry in general.

That is all folks. Carry on.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Well they gotta pay for their personal diving...er...ahem..."add helium dive team" diving some way....right Don?

Remember....don't get sand in your pu**y

Cam

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

It is also questionable form to complain about them on a forum owned by the same folks. I don't think you'll get a lot of people chiming in on your side.
    I popped in to see if this place had improved any over the past years. Is it now an Add Helium fan-site?

Perhaps this is an american thing?

$114.75 for a cell probably made by TAI in the US, shipped to the UK and then shipped back?? They are $93 here, so all that travel has added up

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

It is also questionable form to complain about them on a forum owned by the same folks. I don't think you'll get a lot of people chiming in on your side.

I dont think its questionable at all? I like Add Helium and buy a lot there now.....but to say that since they own the site they are above criticism is insane.

In fact - that type of perception is the worst thing for this site in the long run therefore....bad for Add Helium.

Either it is OK to question Any shop, any practice or any price or its not ok for any. Cant have protection. The protection that Add helium gets here is the benefit of the doubt and ability to quickly fix perceptions...and of course if they are significantly offended....there is always the edit and delete!

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

They are $40 a cell more expensive for Mk15 cells. I never even bothered checking postage costs to the UK, I know when someone is taking the piss so not interested in digging the hole any deeper.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast