+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Extremely expensive

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Extremely expensive

I need to replace 2 sensors and have always done it through narked at 90. I figured I'd give add helium a try but to my dismay the cost was outrageous for product and shipping. The sensors were $40 dollars more EACH and the cheapest shipping you offered was $80 dollars, $60 dollars more then narked at 90. . Purchasing across the pond saved me $160 dollars on just TWO sensors!!!!

I don't know if this is just a function of currency exchange right now or your deliberately trying to avoid international business but I was shocked at the price difference particularly chipping.

Cam

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Re: Extremely expensive

Are you making the comparison based on using their online store when it comes to shipping? If that's the case I would call them directly for a quote including shipping. My personal experience is that AH has always been great to work with and in general, automatically shipping calculations when done through a website are often wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron  View Original Post
    I need to replace 2 sensors and have always done it through narked at 90. I figured I'd give add helium a try but to my dismay the cost was outrageous for product and shipping. The sensors were $40 dollars more EACH and the cheapest shipping you offered was $80 dollars, $60 dollars more then narked at 90. . Purchasing across the pond saved me $160 dollars on just TWO sensors!!!!

I don't know if this is just a function of currency exchange right now or your deliberately trying to avoid international business but I was shocked at the price difference particularly chipping.

Cam

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

It is also questionable form to complain about them on a forum owned by the same folks. I don't think you'll get a lot of people chiming in on your side.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

So what you are really saying is
    International shipping is extremely expensive.

RBW Member fullytek is an unknown quantity at this point fullytek's Avatar
    megabastard

Cam message me. Fullytek.ca can get u cells and we ship from Canada.

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Quote Originally Posted by broncobowsher  View Original Post
    So what you are really saying is
    International shipping is extremely expensive.
    reads to me like the cells are 40 ago more and shipping is taking the piss ,

and why the fook cant he post that on a dive forum i remember when this site had ist own shop , baz floging a batch of duff cell, , never got post on this forum cos it may fook up sales , never mind it could have killed a few dives , got posted in the end but only after the cat had been let out of the bag by others ,
    Last edited by Gobfish1; 10th March 2016 at 20:07.

www.AddHelium.com Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium has a spectacular aura about Add Helium's Avatar

Hi!

We were really confused by your post, and wanted to try and understand what happened. The Narked cells are $114.45 USD each. To look at shipping, we used your address, and put two cells in the cart, and ran the rates, and we came up with about $35 USD for USPS International. Can you help us understand what you saw so we can see where the problem is?

thanks!

Add Helium
    www.AddHelium.com

RBW Member JohnnyC is an unknown quantity at this point JohnnyC's Avatar

Aggregated information so people don't have to do the work. All conversions from xe.com

Narked@90 Molex cell: £54.93 (no VAT) --- US$78.47 --- CA$104.61

Add Helium Narked cell: US$$114.45 --- CA$152.58

Using my address in Arizona:
    Shipping from Narked is £15, or US$21.43
    Shipping from AddHelium is US$5.68

Total cost from Narked@90 for 2 cells: Approx $180 US
    Total cost from Add Helium for 2 cells: Approx $235 US

That's a cost difference of approximately $55 US depending on where I ordered from. That's fairly significant savings, almost 70% of the cost of a third cell. The decision for US customers is whether or not the convenience of Add Helium is worth the cost. For foreign customers the decision is whether or not the cost of international shipping from the UK or from the US makes up for any cost of the actual product.
    Last edited by JohnnyC; 12th March 2016 at 02:41.

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    It is also questionable form to complain about them on a forum owned by the same folks. I don't think you'll get a lot of people chiming in on your side.
    Questionable form? When you own and operate a public forum you accept that your not beyond reproach or is this a fanboy site only now?

When I went to quote shipping, the only courier options I had was between courier 80-90 dollars. USPS is a nightmare to deal with so I never use it. I'm not complaining about international shipping as I just had some other stuff shiped from Florida with the same courier that add helium offered (fed ex) and it was half the price.

I made the post because add heliums courier costs are out of whack to what I've paid in the past for shipping as well as the cost of the product being 50% more then else where. I have no grudge against add helium and was actively trying to send them business.

Cam
    Last edited by cameron; 10th March 2016 at 22:08.

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by cameron  View Original Post
    Questionable form? When you own and operate a public forum you accept that your not beyond reproach or is this a fanboy site only now?

When I went to quote shipping, the only courier options I had was between courier 80-90 dollars. USPS is a nightmare to deal with so I never use it. I'm not complaining about international shipping as I just had some other stuff shiped from Florida with the same courier that add helium offered (fed ex) and it was half the price.

I made the post because add heliums courier costs are out of whack to what I've paid in the past for shipping as well as the cost of the product being 50% more then else where. I have no grudge against add helium and was actively trying to send them business.

Cam
    Have to agree with Cam. I've seen things listed on their online store, placed the order, and then get a call saying, "sorry we screwed up, the price you were quoted was a mistake." Um, say what?! That's not my fault. They accepted my CC#, completed the order and the sale was done... then undone because they didn't like the fact that they posted the wrong price on their website? I've purchased many high ticket items from them in the past, that last transaction was crappy customer service which ended that relationship.

To be fair, at one time they did offer free shipping for orders over $100 or so, what happened to that little ditty?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast