+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dive rite balanced relief valve question

RBW Member ESSCEE is an unknown quantity at this point ESSCEE's Avatar

Dive rite balanced relief valve question

Anyone diving this or similar? Just did my first dive on mine and when I took it out of the suit for cleaning the o ring oimage.jpgimage.jpgn the inner body was loose and not fully seeted into the groove I tried pressing it in but it would bubble up opposite to the pressure any tips on how to properly seat this o ring?

Re: Dive rite balanced relief valve question

Sorry the pics split the text. Don't know how to fix it

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I would say to either force the o-ring into place or buy a new one that fits better.

You should not need to remove the valve for cleaning. You can just flush a cleaning solution through the hose to clean it. Much quicker and easier too.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

I tried forcing it, even tried placing it where it goes and screwing it down real tight to get it to seat but that didn't work either.

The instructions that came with the valve say to disassemble the valve and steralize overnight!

No one else using this pee valve?

RBW Member FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler's Avatar
    Optima

try putting it in your freezer for a couple of hours.

RBW Member tbone1004 is an unknown quantity at this point tbone1004's Avatar
    Greenville, South Carolina, United States

mine definitely seats better than that.... Send that picture to Dive Rite directly and ask them for help, you'll get a direct response from them...

Took it in to my dive shop the tech said looks like its the wrong size but didn't have the correct one! Going to order a few so I have some on hand.

Freezer? Never thought of that good idea!

+ Reply to Thread