+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Any rebreather divers in California Bay Area?

  1. #21
    RBW Member AdrianSmith is an unknown quantity at this point AdrianSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    69
    Hollis Prism2

    Re: Any rebreather divers in California Bay Area?

    Vlad - do you have a scooter? You can enter from South Monastery and transit to the mouth of Whalers Cove without a reservation, especially with the ridiculous raised rates they're charging. :)

    -Adrian

  2. #22
    RBW Member vlad765 is an unknown quantity at this point vlad765's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    5
    KISS Spirit LTE

    KISS Sport

    Re: Any rebreather divers in California Bay Area?

    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianSmith  View Original Post
    Vlad - do you have a scooter? You can enter from South Monastery and transit to the mouth of Whalers Cove without a reservation, especially with the ridiculous raised rates they're charging. :)

    -Adrian
    True, and there are some great spots between Monastery and Whalers Cove.

    No, don't have a scooter at the moment. Got Sierra a few years ago but then sold it since I wasn't using it much.

    --Vlad

  3. #23
    New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    122
    Inspiration vision

    Re: Any rebreather divers in California Bay Area?

    Quote Originally Posted by vlad765  View Original Post
    True, and there are some great spots between Monastery and Whalers Cove.

    No, don't have a scooter at the moment. Got Sierra a few years ago but then sold it since I wasn't using it much.

    --Vlad
    While we're waiting for money to spend on scooters, we got Phil Sammet who can charter from Point Lobos or his new Siren boat. Once I get my unit head from AP/Silent Diving, anybody want to jump on his new boat or his smaller boat in Point Lobos? Phil cannot launch the Siren from Lobos, but that boat can take us around the point.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianSmith  View Original Post
    Vlad - do you have a scooter? You can enter from South Monastery and transit to the mouth of Whalers Cove without a reservation, especially with the ridiculous raised rates they're charging. :)

    -Adrian
    Adrian, If we were diving with Phil, we just tell the front security post at Point Lobos that we're on Phil's boat, diving outside the park and they'll waive the diving fee and we just pay for the parking.
    Last edited by RoyJN; 3rd April 2016 at 07:19.

  4. #24
    RBW Member AdrianSmith is an unknown quantity at this point AdrianSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    69
    Hollis Prism2

    Re: Any rebreather divers in California Bay Area?

    That's new then. I drove the boat for Phil a couple of years ago when he took a couple of British dive journalists diving for an article they were doing. The fee was dutifully levied at the gate for all of us.

    -Adrian

  5. #25
    RBW Member gmt-8 is an unknown quantity at this point gmt-8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Posts
    4
    Prism2

    Explorer

    Re: Any rebreather divers in California Bay Area?

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyJN  View Original Post
    While we're waiting for money to spend on scooters, we got Phil Sammet who can charter from Point Lobos or his new Siren boat. Once I get my unit head from AP/Silent Diving, anybody want to jump on his new boat or his smaller boat in Point Lobos? Phil cannot launch the Siren from Lobos, but that boat can take us around the point.
    Sounds good. Please keep us updated.

  6. #26
    New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    122
    Inspiration vision

    Re: Any rebreather divers in California Bay Area?

    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianSmith  View Original Post
    That's new then. I drove the boat for Phil a couple of years ago when he took a couple of British dive journalists diving for an article they were doing. The fee was dutifully levied at the gate for all of us.

    -Adrian
    Somehow, one of the local diver conceive the front gate about it. But then I don't know how long this will last before Point Lobos starts imposing back the rule.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts