+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any rebreather divers in California Bay Area?

New Rebreather Diver RoyJN is an unknown quantity at this point RoyJN's Avatar
    Inspiration vision

Any rebreather divers in California Bay Area?

Hi guys, any rebreather divers in California Bay Area? I only know like 2 guys and would love to meet more silent divers and maybe join in a dive.

RBW Member AdrianSmith is an unknown quantity at this point AdrianSmith's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

Re: Any rebreather divers in California Bay Area?

There are a bunch of us between there and Monterey.

-Adrian

Inspiration vision

I know two other guys that are rebreather. Also some guys at Breakwater too. I think Scott is Prism 2, but not sure if he is tech certified.

RBW Member AdrianSmith is an unknown quantity at this point AdrianSmith's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

Scott's left Breakwater. Billy Snook is around from time to time, and the new manager Morgan is a Prism2 diver.

-Adrian

RBW Member dive955 is an unknown quantity at this point dive955's Avatar
    Optima SW

Are U kidding, more than one?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJN  View Original Post
    Hi guys, any rebreather divers in California Bay Area? I only know like 2 guys and would love to meet more silent divers and maybe join in a dive.
    Yes, there are a couple of us here in Sonoma County, we do most of our diving on the Central coast/Monterey. Conditions this winter have been tough to get out.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

There is a guy that works at Backscatter underwater video & photo in Monterey, Ca, that dive rebreathers.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Why the scarcity of rebreather divers in California ? (at least thats what it sounds like). Maybe we should organize a rebreather meet and get more people to open their eyes to it.

C

RBW Member ash209 is an unknown quantity at this point ash209's Avatar
    revo III mini rms.

I'm a rebreather diver in the SF Bay Area. Although I'm as green as they come. Just finished my revo mod 1 in January.
    The main reason I think for lack of rebreather support in Cali is lack of education and shops willing to support rebreathers. I get my o2 fills at any water sports in San Jose. But buy my sorb from dive hear express from Florida. for being such a open minded state the people are very closed minded about rebreathers.

Inspiration vision

I've seen several rebreather tanks at Anywaters so I know some of you guys and gals are hiding somewhere.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Originally I'm from the East Coast NYC, although I've lived in Southern California LA, most of my life. One thing I've noticed about in Los Angeles, California that's a little weird is people really rally behind the unit that they own thinking it's the best in the market, this seems narrowminded and competitive. California is such a huge state from San Diego, warmer water touching the Mexican border all the way up past San Francisco, touching the Oregon border, colder water. There's a bunch of Revo divers in San Diego. As for Los Angeles California, I've noticed that most people that get into this technology are mostly engineers of some sort and many of the people that I have dove with over the years end up transplanting because their job takes them to another other location. In Los Angeles, surprisingly there's only a very small handful of rebreather divers, a few are technical and like to go deep.. There are some guys that dive rebreathers that just don't post on the boards at all, they just dive when they can. I hear about them when I get my 02 fills from all the various dive shops. I've always wondered why there are not more rebreather divers in Los Angeles California?, at one time there was a lot more but most have moved away, nowadays there's just a small handful...

Best regards,
    Last edited by Chett.L; 25th March 2016 at 19:42.
    Chett. L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast