+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Viewing the Nerd in zero visibilty

RBW Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Viewing the Nerd in zero visibilty

Does anyone have real life experience with this scenario? I know that in a true silt out, that I can still rotate my HUD into my mask and monitor my PO2. Is there any chance that this will work with the NERD? I am talking about a milk out that makes it impossible to even see your light unless it is pressed to your mask not just a little bit of dust in the water.

Bob Sweeney bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi's Avatar
    KISS Spirit LTE

KISS Classic

Re: Viewing the Nerd in zero visibilty

I had a silt out that required me to practically press the NERD up to the mask in order to read it, most times in moderate siltouts I havent had an issue.

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

Re: Viewing the Nerd in zero visibilty

Quote Originally Posted by bobmaggi  View Original Post
    I had a silt out that required me to practically press the NERD up to the mask in order to read it, most times in moderate siltouts I havent had an issue.

On a dive off of Rhode island - we had about 2-4 feet of vis and I had no problems seeing the nerd the whole time.

At one point, our group of 4 were separated into 2 groups of 2 due to a silt out. I navigated two of us back to shore using the nerd in zero vis and never had a problem. I suppose it depends on how close it is to your mask - mine is virtually as close as it can get and even in zero vis - have not had a problem reading it.

+ Reply to Thread