+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Viewing the Nerd in zero visibilty

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Viewing the Nerd in zero visibilty

Does anyone have real life experience with this scenario? I know that in a true silt out, that I can still rotate my HUD into my mask and monitor my PO2. Is there any chance that this will work with the NERD? I am talking about a milk out that makes it impossible to even see your light unless it is pressed to your mask not just a little bit of dust in the water.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Bob Sweeney bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi's Avatar
    KISS Spirit LTE

KISS Classic

Re: Viewing the Nerd in zero visibilty

I had a silt out that required me to practically press the NERD up to the mask in order to read it, most times in moderate siltouts I havent had an issue.

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

Re: Viewing the Nerd in zero visibilty

Quote Originally Posted by bobmaggi  View Original Post
    I had a silt out that required me to practically press the NERD up to the mask in order to read it, most times in moderate siltouts I havent had an issue.

On a dive off of Rhode island - we had about 2-4 feet of vis and I had no problems seeing the nerd the whole time.

At one point, our group of 4 were separated into 2 groups of 2 due to a silt out. I navigated two of us back to shore using the nerd in zero vis and never had a problem. I suppose it depends on how close it is to your mask - mine is virtually as close as it can get and even in zero vis - have not had a problem reading it.

+ Reply to Thread