+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Diverite

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Diverite

The Optima seems to have hit the nail on the head in all depts.-i am looking to buy a CCR and gravity is pulling me here- looking for the good,bad and ugly pls.

O2ptima Test Dummy
    JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones's Avatar

Re: Diverite

I have 2 of them and for the money they are hard to beat. I have had minimal problems and acually till I sent my prototype off for new handsets none. But Murphy got me and I had a pressure transducer on my secondary handset go out on my production model but was only down 2 days before they got my prototype back and a week and a half later both units are working and Keven changed out the cases on my production unit to the latest and greatest while he had it for repair.

I have had my protype for over 2 years and other than when I sent it in to be upgraded it hasn't missed a beat.

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Can someone give me some contact info to get ahold of these guys to get a unit. Thanks in advance.

andibk

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

DiveRiteExpress is a retailer and RBW sponsor, link is on the front page. :)

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jiseson
    The Optima seems to have hit the nail on the head in all depts.-i am looking to buy a CCR and gravity is pulling me here- looking for the good,bad and ugly pls.
    I'm sure you will get lots of people saying they are tops but for what it is worth there are 2 reasons why I would not buy an Optima. The micropore scrubber cartridges don't perform as well as sorb and cost a lot more and the ever bug riddled Hammerhead. For me, the Optima is at the bottom of the list for current CCRs
    WARNING: I contain occasional coarse language, extreme sexual references, nudity, and adult themes, which may offend some people - Usually churchy types.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    For me, the Optima is at the bottom of the list for current CCRs
    Second that.

Bloody Rebreathers! Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell's Avatar
    O2ptima, Sentinel, Prism 2

Inspiration & KISS & Poseidon

Quote Originally Posted by andibk
    Can someone give me some contact info to get ahold of these guys to get a unit. Thanks in advance.

andibk
    Talk to your local DiveRite distributor.

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

There are opinions, to which everyone is entitled, and there are facts. If you are stating one or the other, it would make things clearer if you would please indicate which is which.

Performance data on most CCRs can skew in such as way as to make it difficult to compare various units in a complete apples to apples manner. Some test based on certain criteria and others test based upon other factors. Not everyone releases all of the testing information, and what is released is often not in the same formats. There are certain patterns that seem to emerge. However, it seems to this un-scientist that most of the major players out there on the market have something to claim when it comes to performance.

Some people like the Extend Air Cartridges, and some people don't like them. With more frequency, boat captains will tell you that they like them especially after someone blows scrubber dust and leaves grains of scrubber on their nice boats.

The EAC virtually eliminates the chances of caustic cocktails unless the diver floods the loop and then leaves the loop flooded for some time. I consider this an advantage. I am okay with paying a little extra for this added safety aspect. (Speaking of price, this will come closer to scrubber grains over time due to mass production efficiencies. After all of the money spent on a CCR, a few extra bucks one way or the other per dive doesn't seem like much of a reason to select another CCR.)

The EAC will produce consistent WOB and consistent results when compared to loose scrubber material, which does not always get packed the same dive after dive no matter what anybody tells you about his or her packing method. The EAC eliminates channeling. Loose scrubber allows for this to occur.

As far as the design of the Optima itself goes, the horizontal scrubber design makes the WOB very easy. There are a lot of parts that are easy to get and servicing the unit is easy since a lot of the unit uses standard scuba parts that are tried and true for years. Though it is a new unit to the market, most of what is on it has been out for years. All Dive Rite did was to bring it all together.

Are things perfect? No. There have been issues with getting the upgrades to the handsets. However, this seems to be improving as the production gets ramped up.

In that regard, check out how long the service takes with some of the other CCR's out there. I have heard of repairs commonly taking place over the course of months, not weeks. So, many units on the market have similar issues.

There are other good models on the market. Each has something that stands out as a positive. Each has something that can be improved.

I do not take it as a personal insult if you don't like the Optima. However, I like the idea of at least trying to be as neutral as possible about evaluations of products unless perhaps I were the manufacturer.

I am enjoying every minute with my Optima, and I do not in any way regret my decision to get one.
    Last edited by ScubaDadMiami; 9th June 2006 at 05:56.

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    For me, the Optima is at the bottom of the list for current CCRs
    Remember- Opinions are like a*seholes, everyones got one. ;)

Having said that.... I don't much like the extendair scrubber either, I've yet to see a real advantage over pouring in a bucket of slime, still- each to their own.

Anyone got an Optima in the Uk yet? I'd like to take a close up look at one, pictures on the web are fine but you need to poke around something like this before slapping your wedge down IMVHO.

BEN

O2ptima Test Dummy
    JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones's Avatar

I have one question for the nay sayers have you ever dove the Optima and used the Micropore Cartridge in the Optima. I dive both Kisses, the MEG and the Inspiration and I still love my Optima.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast