+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prism 2

RBW Member shortkidd is an unknown quantity at this point shortkidd's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

Poseidon Se7en

Prism 2

Just finished my crossover to the Prism 2 from the Se7en.

I was wondering does anyone have a recommendation on what to use on the gold computer/hud contacts. My instructor uses TRIBOLUBE EPO2, but I talked with a couple of people and they say they dive with them dry and every month or so put only a slight touch of dielectric grease on.

Just wondering what others use and find success with.

Regards,
    Vincent

RBW Member CCR TriDiver is an unknown quantity at this point CCR TriDiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite O2ptima

Re: Prism 2

I assume it's the Shearwater Canbus system on your unit with the pluggable cables from the batteries to the controller and HUD? I have the same setup on my O2ptima and will give the pins a squirt of DeOxit every now and then.

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

These are SubConn connectors. Manufacturer recommends using molykote 44m.

http://www.macartney.com/media/2609/...structions.pdf

You can buy it on ebay...

/Christian
    Last edited by depth; 23rd February 2016 at 20:52.

Supporting Member btrax is an unknown quantity at this point btrax's Avatar
    Hollis Explorer

I know its a bit off topic but... how do you like the prism 2 compared to the seven. I was between units for a while and finally decided to go with the prism 2. am starting my training next month. Just wondering

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by btrax  View Original Post
    I know its a bit off topic but... how do you like the prism 2 compared to the seven. I was between units for a while and finally decided to go with the prism 2. am starting my training next month. Just wondering
    I think you made the right choice between the two. The sw electronics are very very good and the unit breathes very well. Only thing missing are the BMCL, but I guess they will be released at some point...

/Christian

RBW Member shortkidd is an unknown quantity at this point shortkidd's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

Poseidon Se7en

I would agree the electronics on the Prism are really good...but I would say after earning my certification on the Se7en and converting to the Prism the computer is overwhelming.

This is great because you can do many things on the Prism, (including flying it on your own) but the ability to make the wrong decision at depth can kill you too. Just my opinion though.

RBW Member oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya's Avatar
    Meg Apecs

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by shortkidd  View Original Post
    this is great because you can do many things on the prism, (including flying it on your own)
    neat!

Muddiver Muddiver is an unknown quantity at this point Muddiver's Avatar
    Poseidon Cis Lunar 7

The customer service and ability to get it serviced in the US is a big plus. My POSidon had issues constantly rejecting the O2 sensors. I think it is still in Sweden, since October!

RBW Member ckrueger is an unknown quantity at this point ckrueger's Avatar
    rEvo Micro 3 w/RMS & NERD

Prism 2 w/NERD

Quote Originally Posted by Muddiver  View Original Post
    The customer service and ability to get it serviced in the US is a big plus. My POSidon had issues constantly rejecting the O2 sensors. I think it is still in Sweden, since October!
    Having US based repair facilities was also on my decision tree. The size of the company (more resources) was also important. I think over the last couple of years Hollis has done a great job designing new products and listening to to diver feedback to get them right. I do agree that they are slow sometimes getting things to market after they show an item and get everybody excited. That is one of the drawbacks to large corporations and all their processes. Posiden was also on my list, but with the Prism 2

Just finished my Mod 1 on the Prism 2 last week. I am with everybody else...why did I wait so long?

+ Reply to Thread