+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FFM's

RBW Member Podman is an unknown quantity at this point Podman's Avatar
    Poseidon Mk6

FFM's

Hi everyone. Have Poseidon Discovery Mk6 CCR and am trying to find out information on upgrading to a full face mask. Poseidon don't sell the set up as its not CE approved but heard can get mask then third party adaptors etc. Advise on pros and cons wou;d be helpful. Any knowledge of being able to try a FFM on a CCR. Suppliers and options. Cheers

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Re: FFM's

Drager panorama nova R, best comfort. Kirby Morgan mod 1 is also Nice but it was too small for my big head :)

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by Podman  View Original Post
    Hi everyone. Have Poseidon Discovery Mk6 CCR and am trying to find out information on upgrading to a full face mask. Poseidon don't sell the set up as its not CE approved but heard can get mask then third party adaptors etc. Advise on pros and cons wou;d be helpful. Any knowledge of being able to try a FFM on a CCR. Suppliers and options. Cheers
    You just need a Drager Panorama and a Mouthpiece to p-port adaptor. SImple as that..

Supporting Member btrax is an unknown quantity at this point btrax's Avatar
    Hollis Explorer

Check out the new FFM's from Hollis. I just tried one last week in the pool. Its an awesome unit. Can be used with o/c or ccr. Its made by kirby morgan for the hollis explorer and hollis prism but....it appears it can be used with any o/c or ccr mouthpiece with the Pod adapter which i found really slick. The nice thing about this unit is the mouth is isolated from the nose/eye pocket. so when you swap out mouthpieces the mask does not flood. Also will reduce CO2 pockets. I just sold my OTS which i have used for years in cold water/winter diving and ordered a Hollis.
    I may never go back to a half mask with this unit.
    Just sayin

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by btrax  View Original Post
    Check out the new FFM's from Hollis. I just tried one last week in the pool. Its an awesome unit. Can be used with o/c or ccr. Its made by kirby morgan for the hollis explorer and hollis prism but....it appears it can be used with any o/c or ccr mouthpiece with the Pod adapter which i found really slick. The nice thing about this unit is the mouth is isolated from the nose/eye pocket. so when you swap out mouthpieces the mask does not flood. Also will reduce CO2 pockets. I just sold my OTS which i have used for years in cold water/winter diving and ordered a Hollis.
    I may never go back to a half mask with this unit.
    Just sayin
    It's the KM 48 mod 1 if I'm not mistaken.

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

Supporting Member Sandy is on a distinguished road Sandy is on a distinguished road Sandy's Avatar
    Biomarine, IDA 71

Italian ARO

I've been trying multiple FFM rebreather options for years. I find a fair bit of hydrostatic pressure in the mask at the highest point. The KM minimizes this but I was using the original supermask not the later MOD's and didn't get on with it that well. My local shop rumors they are getting a Hollis KM so I may try again.

+ Reply to Thread