+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mouthpiece for use with big DSVs and fast Scooters

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Mouthpiece for use with big DSVs and fast Scooters

I'm looking for the ideal mouthpiece for use with GolemGear DSVs and Sidemount DSVs with Cooper hoses while using a fast scooter.

Using Apeks Comfobite mouthpieces the DSV is flopping all over the place while going fast.
    Using Atomic mouthpiece it's almost as bad.
    I don't want to use a Jax mouthpiece since I need the ability to let someone else use my BOB.
    I think I need stiffer mouthpieces with a longer bite surface to stabalize the DSV.
    What mouthpieces should I be trying out, what mouthpieces are working well for you?

Michael

RBW Member aaen will become famous soon enough aaen will become famous soon enough aaen will become famous soon enough aaen will become famous soon enough aaen's Avatar
    Copis MEG

rEvo

Mouthpiece for use with big DSVs and fast Scooters

With my Genesis and shrimp I use the mouthpiece that comes standard on JJ dsv. Tried a lot of other types, this one is the best for scootering as its rigid and fairly comfy. No BOV flapping.

Believe it is available from narked at 90 for like 7-10£.

My only issue is on 2-3hr scooter rides my jaw tends to get sore from it, compared to my old seacure which I cannot get to seal adequately on the shrimp, shame as I cannot stand the new xtype ones. Might need to cave and get myself a gag strap for the long scooter hauls to reduce the jaw fatigue.

Regards

Steve
    Last edited by aaen; 21st February 2016 at 17:48.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Re: Mouthpiece for use with big DSVs and fast Scooters

I used the mouthpiece from my rEvo dsv on the shrimp ( with the gag strap) , no problems when scootering

Sent by my rEvo scrubber using a shearwater Nerd

RBW Member Capt Morgan is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Morgan's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    I used the mouthpiece from my rEvo dsv on the shrimp ( with the gag strap) , no problems when scootering

That would be the Drager one, I got one from Martin @ Tecme

rEvo Shearwater tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post

+1

RBW Member jeffgerritsen is an unknown quantity at this point jeffgerritsen's Avatar
    Megalodon

Optima

I use the seacure mouthpiece and works great.

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

went ahead and ordered 3 of the JJ mouthpieces from narkedat90.
    recently I've been doing a lot of business with Martin at tecme and am very happy with every transaction, but 84.00 Euros a mouthpiece for the Draegers is too rich for my blood.
    Hell, over $55.00 for 3 JJ mouthpieces shipped is also not exactly cheap either, but if it solves my problem while scootering, it'll be worth it. With both the Atomic or Apeks mouthpieces, I have the feeling that it's only a question of time before the bite tabs (is that the right term?) tear off while scootering.

Thanks for all the good advise,

Michael
    Last edited by michael-fisch; 22nd February 2016 at 19:17. Reason: Atomic instead of Automic

RBW Member JohnnyC is an unknown quantity at this point JohnnyC's Avatar

Could try one of the Seacures without actually molding it. Not the most comfortable, but definitely longer than the competition. I can't attest to how stiffness would compare.

RBW Member Capt Morgan is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Morgan's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    recently I've been doing a lot of business with Martin at tecme and am very happy with every transaction, but 84.00 Euros a mouthpiece for the Draegers is too rich for my blood.
    Hell, over $55.00 for 3 JJ mouthpieces shipped is also not exactly cheap either, but if it solves my problem while scootering, it'll be worth it. With both the Automic or Apeks mouthpieces, I have the feeling that it's only a question of time before the bite tabs (is that the right term?) tear off while scootering.

Michael
    They are expensive but I have it on a BOV so want it to stay in my gob :)

SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

Quote Originally Posted by michael-fisch  View Original Post
    Hell, over $55.00 for 3 JJ mouthpieces shipped is also not exactly cheap either, but if it solves my problem while scootering, it'll be worth it. With both the Automic or Apeks mouthpieces, I have the feeling that it's only a question of time before the bite tabs (is that the right term?) tear off while scootering.

Michael
    Narkedat90 just sent me an Email that my order from 07:00 this morning has already shipped.

Michael

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast