+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings

RBW Member t-mac is an unknown quantity at this point t-mac's Avatar
    None, yet

Greetings

Hi, I've been an OC diver for about 7 years. Just beginning to consider rebreathers and this seems like a good place to do some due diligence. At this point, the intent is to stay within recreational limits, with the main draws being quiet (photography), gas management and utilization. My timeline would probably be to take a first course, perhaps this fall, and then further refine my thoughts from there. Thanks in advance for the help. Tom

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: Greetings

Nice to meet you on RBW.

Best regards,
    Chett
    Chett. L

RBW Member ckrueger is an unknown quantity at this point ckrueger's Avatar
    Prism 2 w/NERD

Hi t-mac - I just finished my class at Add Helium and purchased a Prism 2. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner. I have been thinking about doing this over the last three years. You can find a lot of information here and you will get lots of feedback on machines. I would also give Peter a call at Add Helium with questions. They sell most of the different rebreathers on the market and can answer questions on specific units and possibly help you figure out what unit will meet you needs and expectations. Rebreathers are all they do.

RBW Member techintime is an unknown quantity at this point techintime's Avatar
    Revo III micro FT RMS

I made the jump 2 1/2 years ago and have been diving my Revo steadily since then, and loving it. Like you, I debated whether to go CCR or just stay OC technical. No doubt it is an expensive undertaking and there is an added complexity and hence risk. In the end I decided that I would be more likely to regret not doing it than doing it. After the course I wished that I had made the jump sooner. As you might expect I am partial to the Revo. My primary factor in picking a machine was safety...with the various dangers of CCR diving I told myself that I was going to buy the safest machine I could afford. The Revo's dual canisters, three independent electronic/O2 sensor systems, hybrid mode, the general quality of the machine, smaller size and weight, and the intuitive controls were what sold me, despite being almost twice the cost of some other more popular machines. Be careful not to jump on the first machine that a dealer demos for you. Talk to a lot of people without a financial interest in selling you a machine.

+ Reply to Thread