+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carbon Tanks 2L v 3L

pike pikewashere is an unknown quantity at this point pikewashere's Avatar
    rEvo

Carbon Tanks 2L v 3L

Hey people,

How many of you are using Carbon tanks with your machines?

Most likely this is a personal choice, but thought I'd reach out for some opinions anyway.

Out here in UAE/Oman we dive 10 months a year, of that time, about 8 months of that I dive dry, using my 3L steels.
    I have a set of the 2L Carbon tanks that came with my rEvo that have seen maybe half a dozen dives this year.

A good option to have, but something that doesn't see much use.

Picked up a set of 3L Carbon tanks from a friend that was moving.

Can't justify having them both. And trying to decide wheather to Keep the 2L or the 3L?

(More often then not, we dive a 70m wreck and or a 30m wreck, with 120-180min run times).

At the moment, thinking that the extra size does nothing but help, if I were diving wet, was at depth, and needed a dil flush for some reason. +1 for the 3L set.

Any thoughts?

RBW Member Venomguy is an unknown quantity at this point Venomguy's Avatar

Re: Carbon Tanks 2L v 3L

Quote Originally Posted by pikewashere  View Original Post
    Hey people,

Most likely this is a personal choice, but thought I'd reach out for some opinions anyway.

Out here in UAE/Oman we dive 10 months a year, of that time, about 8 months of that I dive dry, using my 3L steels.
    I have a set of the 2L Carbon tanks that came with my rEvo that have seen maybe half a dozen dives this year.

Can't justify having them both. And trying to decide wheather to Keep the 2L or the 3L?

(More often then not, we dive a 70m wreck and or a 30m wreck, with 120-180min run times).

At the moment, thinking that the extra size does nothing but help, if I were diving wet, was at depth, and needed a dil flush for some reason. +1 for the 3L set.

Any thoughts?
    I have both the 2 L carbons and a 1.5L set, by far the best are the 1.5 L for tropical diving and they trim beautiful when using a sharkskin 2 mm suit, normally get about 3 hours out of the 1.5 depending on the dive conditions and exertion.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Definitely great on the rEvo! It's not only the carbon Fiber tank but also the lighter valve. That combination will give you a much better trim. I dive with CF pretty much anywhere (I am even traveling with them) and any rebreather.

To fill for the soda bottle and cold liquid but my point up diameter starts to recede top of the bottle.

Informatica Training in Chennai | Aws Training in Chennai | Hadoop Training in Chennai
    Last edited by greenbergmethew; 9th June 2016 at 10:05. Reason: modify

RBW Member Nubium is an unknown quantity at this point Nubium's Avatar
    Liberty

Dolphin,Megalodon,rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by pikewashere  View Original Post
    Hey people,

Any thoughts?
    Id be interested if your selling a set?

+ Reply to Thread