+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BMCL's

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Re: BMCL's

No they don't, Mark. But the cordura outer cover is box shaped and sewn, so I don't think they will collapse. I have plenty of spiral anti-crush tubing left from the Flex if necessary.

My JJ lungs don't have spiral tubing either, and they don't have the benefit of a box shape. Yet they have never shown a problem either. Is there anti-crush in the SG wings?

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Ken,

Yes there are with the SG BMCL's... I have always gone back and forth when it comes to using them. About half the time it's not an issue but then I end up heads down on a decent etc that I end up cussing at myself for not having them in and I go back to them. That's not just with the SG ones but with all of the BMCL's that I have been diving.

Will be interested in what you think of them.

Dive Safe!!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    No they don't, Mark. But the cordura outer cover is box shaped and sewn, so I don't think they will collapse. I have plenty of spiral anti-crush tubing left from the Flex if necessary.

My JJ lungs don't have spiral tubing either, and they don't have the benefit of a box shape. Yet they have never shown a problem either. Is there anti-crush in the SG wings?

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

RBW Member bearkiter is an unknown quantity at this point bearkiter's Avatar
    Prism2

I have been diving the BMCL's for a couple of months and have mixed feelings about them.

Pro's:
    I'm ridiculously foot heavy, so moving the bags lower down behind my shoulders helps my trim.
    Clean chest, easier to work my camera, easier to hook on sidemount rings and such.
    MAV blocks and offboard ports are easily accessible.
    Less jaw fatigue (longer loop hoses)
    Lungs don't get crushed in restrictions.

Con's:
    Harder to drain spit/water into bags.
    Harder to flush, very much harder to flush in a restriction.
    Much larger volume, and cannot crush effectively during a flush
    OPV hard to reach in heavy thermal gear
    No instructions (none I've found) ANYWHERE on setup or adjustment
    Cannot put SMB's in side pouches, the lungs get crushed between them and the wing when wing is inflated.
    Offboard gas supply is too slow to supply a Golem BOV - investigating where the restriction is occurring, suspect the one way valves/LPI connection.
    They get a bit noisy when head down, sucking the gas down from the other end of the lung sounds a bit wheezy. Will have a hunt for some spirals.

Overall I'd only dive them in open environments, this is obviously highly subjective, your opinions may vary, and I'd certainly like to hear if anyone has a solution for any of my issues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2