+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The chest-mounted O2PTIMA

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

Re: The chest-mounted O2PTIMA

Perhaps you might want to understand hydrostatic loading and work of breathing better before you start moving counterlungs and canisters all over just for giggles.

http://plazma.kapsi.fi/files/The%20T...k%20Kellon.pdf

FNG mcglencoe is an unknown quantity at this point mcglencoe's Avatar
    Rubber Biscuit?

rEvo

Thanks for that link, cool read.

RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I understand it is for chest mounted application. But that doesn't change the physics of having the canister toward your feet vs toward your head.
    Sorry in advance for being a dumbass, and not being very familiar with the Optima, but:

How in heavens name would having a non-collapsible canister towards your feet have any negative effects on breathing, as long as the counterlungs are in an advantageous position?

Pucks & sharks! hroark2112 is an unknown quantity at this point hroark2112's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit LTE

Kiss Sport, DiveRite O2ptima

Having the scrubber close to your head allows you to use short hoses, which helps minimize the WOB on the unit.

To be honest, if there were any advantage to chest mounting the O2ptima, I'm sure the folks at DiveRite would have some prototypes around.

I sincerely doubt it is an improvement.

RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Pelagian DCCCR

That was not my question.

For the intended placement of the scrubber, any hoses would in total be shorter than what many units are using on their backmounted or sidemounted ccrs. Not to mention that for a chestmounted CCR, most of those hoses could be large-diameter, non-collapsible pipes. Only the hoses going to and from the mouthpiece has to be flexible.

Maybe the people at DiveRite has some chestmounted prototypes around. I donīt know. And I donīt care.

The only thing I care about is that somebody was fed some b.s. (IMO) about hydrostatic loading and work of breathing.

Henrik S Henrik S is an unknown quantity at this point Henrik S's Avatar
    SF2 eccr

AP Inspiration

http://multi3s.com/en/

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by verrinne  View Original Post
    How would that be fixed

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Smart kid. Good ambition. Knows how to ask for advise. Is a thinker as well.
    Keep us up to date on this project.

RBW Member verrinne is an unknown quantity at this point verrinne's Avatar

Will do, currently on hold getting ready for college

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Pucks & sharks! hroark2112 is an unknown quantity at this point hroark2112's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit LTE

Kiss Sport, DiveRite O2ptima

Quote Originally Posted by jlovold  View Original Post
    That was not my question.

For the intended placement of the scrubber, any hoses would in total be shorter than what many units are using on their backmounted or sidemounted ccrs. Not to mention that for a chestmounted CCR, most of those hoses could be large-diameter, non-collapsible pipes. Only the hoses going to and from the mouthpiece has to be flexible.

Maybe the people at DiveRite has some chestmounted prototypes around. I donīt know. And I donīt care.

The only thing I care about is that somebody was fed some b.s. (IMO) about hydrostatic loading and work of breathing.
    I was just responding to the thread, not your comment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2