+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finished my Defender CCR class

RBW Member hbm is on a distinguished road hbm is on a distinguished road hbm's Avatar
    Not yet

Finished my Defender CCR class

After many demos and swimming around Orange Grove sink a few times with a friends CCR, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Sub-Gravity Defender. I finished my class with Randy Thorton last week in N Florida and really enjoyed myself (except for the dreaded two-handed dil flushes!). Randy was a very patient instructor and gave me lots of great breaks swimming around Blue Grotto to just enjoy the unit in between drills. I only had about 4 hours previously on other units but that being said the Defender (BMCL) breathed terrific. The new SG-1 controller was very easy to use and changing the HUD to different modes I found very helpful. I kept the HUD mainly in warning mode but switched to PPO2 mode when I swam the unit semi closed. Super easy to use and it held the set-point rock solid. All in all a very positive experience! Thanks very much to Randy and everybody at Sub Gravity.

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

Re: Finished my Defender CCR class

Quote Originally Posted by hbm  View Original Post
    After many demos and swimming around Orange Grove sink a few times with a friends CCR, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Sub-Gravity Defender. I finished my class with Randy Thorton last week in N Florida and really enjoyed myself (except for the dreaded two-handed dil flushes!). Randy was a very patient instructor and gave me lots of great breaks swimming around Blue Grotto to just enjoy the unit in between drills. I only had about 4 hours previously on other units but that being said the Defender (BMCL) breathed terrific. The new SG-1 controller was very easy to use and changing the HUD to different modes I found very helpful. I kept the HUD mainly in warning mode but switched to PPO2 mode when I swam the unit semi closed. Super easy to use and it held the set-point rock solid. All in all a very positive experience! Thanks very much to Randy and everybody at Sub Gravity.

I know you spent a lot of time looking at every unit and really made an informed decision. Im glad you enjoyed the training!!!!

RBW Member atedeschi is an unknown quantity at this point atedeschi's Avatar
    Kiss Classic & Sidekick CCR

revo Hybrid, Golem Flex

Sock Puppet :)

RBW Member Jevets is an unknown quantity at this point Jevets's Avatar
    HH

, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Sub-Gravity Defender
    So do you actually have possession of your Defender?

RBW Member hbm is on a distinguished road hbm is on a distinguished road hbm's Avatar
    Not yet

Quote Originally Posted by Jevets  View Original Post
    So do you actually have possession of your Defender?
    No, I'm waiting for head which should be here in a week. I borrowed Randy's. He says the one I get will hold set point a little better. I don't see how that's possible, it held pretty damn perfect as is.

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

No, I'm waiting for head .

huh

+ Reply to Thread