+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sitech silicon repairs?

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Sitech silicon repairs?

After yet another puncture from what looks like a grain of sand catching in the cuff seal, I'm wondering:

Has anyone tried repairing a punctured sitech wrist seal (silicon) rather than just replacing it? Marine Sikaflex which usually sticks to anything doesn't touch it, I'm hoping someone's found something that does stick and flex nicely for those occasional tiny pinpricks.

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Re: Sitech silicon repairs?

I've gotten through a couple dives with a bicycle tire patch, but it started leaking again after a few dives because it didn't stretch with the rest of the seal

RBW Member JohnnyC is an unknown quantity at this point JohnnyC's Avatar

Try grabbing a tube of Sil Net. Made by McNett, designed to seam seal sil-nylon. It's purposely formulated to adhere to silicon so if anything is gonna stick, that'll be it.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Thanks for that suggestion, I'll take a look.

Of course my next drama will be the smallest tube of anything will be enough to do two million repairs, will cost as much as two seals and will go off once opened

RBW Member JohnnyC is an unknown quantity at this point JohnnyC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    Thanks for that suggestion, I'll take a look.

Of course my next drama will be the smallest tube of anything will be enough to do two million repairs, will cost as much as two seals and will go off once opened
    I don't know what it'll cost on the wrong side of the world, but in US a tube is like, $7.50. Worth a shot :)

i like this thread which is useful and informative thanks for sharing this post, it is useful for professionally working students.

+ Reply to Thread