+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: "Divers Deserve the Truth about Rebreather Diving"-Article by TDI

RBW Member jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner is a glorious beacon of light jturner's Avatar
    APD Evolution

Re: "Divers Deserve the Truth about Rebreather Diving"-Article by TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Doc  View Original Post
    It's been well over a year since any new discussion has been added to this thread. Having read the entire thread I am now wondering what these same posters opinions are in light of the death of Rob Stewart earlier this year? I do not expect any comments from those who are involved in the lawsuits surrounding Rob's death. As some of you likely know, Rob's death was due to drowning as the final event, with "acute hypoxia" (not DCS) as the triggering event according to the Medical Examiner autopsy report.

I see a CCR machine as far more "complex" than OC for a RECreational diver. Take the Poseidon Mk 6 or 7 as an example. It requires over 50 checks BEFORE you can dive it. The manual has RED cautions throughout. My OC regulator has nothing comparable.

For those who say they "need" a CCR, I say hmmmmm. A true "need" is Oxygen, food and water, among others. Just how you get this Oxygen can be Simple (breathing on the surface) to more Complex (an OC regulator), to even more Complex (CCR). It's all about the process of Delivery to tissues. I hope you get the point.
    Not changed my opinion at all. And your point about the list of needs is suspect.

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

please dont feed the trolls

RBW Member KevinD is an unknown quantity at this point KevinD's Avatar
    (No longer) west of Woodstock, south of Vietnam.
    Mk15.5

Quote Originally Posted by oya  View Original Post
    On a positive note: one thcing I'm really glad to see in this article is the point that no one really NEEDS a rebreather. I've had that conversation many times, people asking "Why do you need to dive that thing?" I don't. I figure that is the single strongest reason for diving a rebreather, honestly: they're cool and they're comfortable and they're fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver Doc  View Original Post
    For those who say they "need" a CCR, I say hmmmmm. A true "need" is Oxygen, food and water, among others. Just how you get this Oxygen can be Simple (breathing on the surface) to more Complex (an OC regulator), to even more Complex (CCR). It's all about the process of Delivery to tissues. I hope you get the point.
    I am afraid you oya and diver doc (and the authors of said article, if they say that) are wrong; some people / divers, unless rather wealthy, or don't mind wasting money, DO need them (CCR's that is). As pointed out in post 20 (after your above oya I admit, but before yours doc), if 'your' paying 3500 quid like MC and others used to do, or anything like that year after year for just the gas (i.e. helium) on OC, you NEED a CCR.
    If you do regular extended length multi-day deep (or even deepish) diving you also need a CCR.

I could go on with some other reasons, but I think you both know all this, you just 'fishin' maybe?

And oya, if your own real reason for diving a CCR is what your last sentence actually states, and not just a 'come on' throw away sentence, well...............nothing more needs to be said. Each to their own though, of course. And good luck, as you will unfortunately likely need it one day.
    Last edited by KevinD; 8th October 2017 at 07:51.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4