+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "Divers Deserve the Truth about Rebreather Diving"-Article by TDI

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Re: "Divers Deserve the Truth about Rebreather Diving"-Article by TDI

Well one myth the picture of the article at least is debunking (although they never actually said so) is: Rebreather divers have shitty trim!

It appears that the focus by TDI's article is not well defined. As some already have mentioned, to whom is this directed to? It appears to me that the article is relevant for the potential new CCR diver, while they later shift to more advanced topics that a non-CCR diver would not know what to do with (current limiting, check list use).

Overall, I am glad to see it and hope it made it to the OC market. Rebreathers aren't just coming...they have arrived! This is were the industry is going, where advances are made and more and more people tend to go.

CCR's are also plagued with a lot of myth. For the most ignorant, they see it as a death machine rather than life support. It will take some time to turn heads around, but it is inevitable.

Meantime, I am looking forward to healthy and helpful discussions on any CCR topic.

Lightbulb Re: "Divers Deserve the Truth about Rebreather Diving"-Article by TDI

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    Well one myth the picture of the article at least is debunking (although they never actually said so) is: Rebreather divers have shitty trim!

It appears that the focus by TDI's article is not well defined. As some already have mentioned, to whom is this directed to? It appears to me that the article is relevant for the potential new CCR diver, while they later shift to more advanced topics that a non-CCR diver would not know what to do with (current limiting, check list use).

Overall, I am glad to see it and hope it made it to the OC market. Rebreathers aren't just coming...they have arrived! This is were the industry is going, where advances are made and more and more people tend to go.

CCR's are also plagued with a lot of myth. For the most ignorant, they see it as a death machine rather than life support. It will take some time to turn heads around, but it is inevitable.

Meantime, I am looking forward to healthy and helpful discussions on any CCR topic.
    It's been well over a year since any new discussion has been added to this thread. Having read the entire thread I am now wondering what these same posters opinions are in light of the death of Rob Stewart earlier this year? I do not expect any comments from those who are involved in the lawsuits surrounding Rob's death. As some of you likely know, Rob's death was due to drowning as the final event, with "acute hypoxia" (not DCS) as the triggering event according to the Medical Examiner autopsy report.

I see a CCR machine as far more "complex" than OC for a RECreational diver. Take the Poseidon Mk 6 or 7 as an example. It requires over 50 checks BEFORE you can dive it. The manual has RED cautions throughout. My OC regulator has nothing comparable.

For those who say they "need" a CCR, I say hmmmmm. A true "need" is Oxygen, food and water, among others. Just how you get this Oxygen can be Simple (breathing on the surface) to more Complex (an OC regulator), to even more Complex (CCR). It's all about the process of Delivery to tissues. I hope you get the point.

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

and you are here why?

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Doc  View Original Post
    It's been well over a year since any new discussion has been added to this thread. Having read the entire thread I am now wondering what these same posters opinions are in light of the death of Rob Stewart earlier this year? I do not expect any comments from those who are involved in the lawsuits surrounding Rob's death. As some of you likely know, Rob's death was due to drowning as the final event, with "acute hypoxia" (not DCS) as the triggering event according to the Medical Examiner autopsy report.

I see a CCR machine as far more "complex" than OC for a RECreational diver. Take the Poseidon Mk 6 or 7 as an example. It requires over 50 checks BEFORE you can dive it. The manual has RED cautions throughout. My OC regulator has nothing comparable.

For those who say they "need" a CCR, I say hmmmmm. A true "need" is Oxygen, food and water, among others. Just how you get this Oxygen can be Simple (breathing on the surface) to more Complex (an OC regulator), to even more Complex (CCR). It's all about the process of Delivery to tissues. I hope you get the point.
    And your point is ? Since you breath oxygen thru your regulator I hope you never dive deeper then 6 m ;)

Nobody needs a Porsche , but it's still more fun to drive then a Renault twingo

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    And your point is ? Since you breath oxygen thru your regulator I hope you never dive deeper then 6 m ;)

Nobody needs a Porsche , but it's still more fun to drive then a Renault twingo

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Your going off topic, mate. It's about assembling the facts and THEN, make an assessment. As I stated in the other thread, unless you have read AND comprehended the ME report, you cannot provide an intelligent assessment. It's not about me...it's about the facts, so don't throw the personal flag.

RBW Member ECho is an unknown quantity at this point ECho's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Doc  View Original Post
    As I stated in the other thread, unless you have read AND comprehended the ME report, you cannot provide an intelligent assessment. It's not about me...it's about the facts...
    I'm going to say that the fact that you essentially discount off everyone else's opinions (you imply that most won't be qualified to comment by your capitalization of the word "and" in reference to comprehension), makes this about you. This is reinforced by the fact that you don't provide the link to the ME's report, but make people PM you to get that information (from the other thread). I believe that you have wasted a good opportunity to further this discussion, in a civil and productive manner. This, by the way, is my unsolicited opinion and that's all. Please feel free to ignore it and continue to look down upon us ignorant masses...
    Last edited by ECho; 24th September 2017 at 23:36.

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Dont feed the trolls

RBW Member ECho is an unknown quantity at this point ECho's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    Dont feed the trolls
    Yeah, I probably shouldn't... LOL

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    Dont feed the trolls
    Just mix a little D-con in with the food.

Meg

KISS

I hear warfarin is tasty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast