+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hammerhead Electronics Question SubGravity SG-1 vs JM Rev C+

Stevie Tippetts Stevie Tippetts is an unknown quantity at this point Stevie Tippetts's Avatar
    Defender

Sentinel, Evo+, rEvo, PF

Re: Hammerhead Electronics Question SubGravity SG-1 vs JM Rev C+

I would look at either the Shearwater / Rev C + option or the SG1 option. Double C + will only frustrate you after a while. It has been a work horse in the past, but as has been pointed out, the concept has been refined.

RBW Member bagarospo636 is an unknown quantity at this point bagarospo636's Avatar
    HH Extreme

I have an HH extreme with two Rev C+, the primary is driving the solenoid, the secondary is piloting the DIVA.

Installing the SG-1 as primary and Shearwater as secondary means:
    1) to have both the solenoid and the HUD managed by one controller
    2) In case of failure you loose the HUD and the solenoid...
    3) no DIVA

Not sure if this is a valuable upgrade...what do you think?

RBW Member SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver's Avatar
    Hammerhead Hybrid

Hammerhead Electronics Question SubGravity SG-1 vs JM Rev C+

Deleted because message was sent before I was thru with it.

I like diving chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter's Avatar
    Mk15.5, Mk15

Inpisspiration, KISS

I'd go with the Rev C+ primary with DIVA and a shearwater secondary. I like the PPO2 mode on the DIVA (because you know the PPO2 of each sensor by looking at the flash pattern) and also the vibrating alarm. Shearwater is generally what I'd use for monitoring depth, runtime, deco, etc. because it is pretty and easy to operate. I've been very happy with my delrin JM handsets. I have had zero issues for years on those, which was certainly not the case with the lexan or aluminum ones.

Aloha,
    Charlie

RBW Member hbm is on a distinguished road hbm is on a distinguished road hbm's Avatar
    Not yet

I got the SG-! and the Petrel 2 (Option C). Worked like a charm with a few minor bugs (The SG-1 shut off after a time while gearing up in 3', that was the worst bug i experienced). SG addressed the bugs and the units have now shipped. I really liked it, battery lasted for 3 days of diving with lots of charge left. Recharge was fast. I liked how it easy it was to scroll through menus, and easy to use underwater. The HUD with SG-1 was very bright with a red and blue light (instead of green). I'll post more as I use it, so far only 15.5 hours non-training dives.

RBW Member bagarospo636 is an unknown quantity at this point bagarospo636's Avatar
    HH Extreme

SG-1 shut off after a time

How did you get the problem fixed? did you send back the head to subgravity or did you just upload a new firmware on your own?

RBW Member hbm is on a distinguished road hbm is on a distinguished road hbm's Avatar
    Not yet

It shut off after awhile gearing up in 3' (putting on bottles, scooter, waiting for others, etc.) while cave diving. I was using the prototype, I called SG and they talked to the software developer. Now i understand it will stay on as long as the contacts are wet.

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

The original prototype of the SG-1 electronics on the new SubGravity Defender CCR head had stainless steel pins on the wet contacts. Over time, these pins would develop a small amount of corrosion that would interfere with the operation of the wet contacts. The final production model utilizes gold plated pins which have eliminated the problem. (That's the reason why we did several months of diving on the last prototype - to catch these kinds of issues before we went to final production)

Warm regards,
    Randy

RBW Member joker is an unknown quantity at this point joker's Avatar
    HH

BI APD

Guys - how is Your's HH with SubGravity SG1 ? Some opinions ?

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by joker  View Original Post
    Guys - how is Your's HH with SubGravity SG1 ? Some opinions ?
    Mine is for sale now. Here is a link to read my reasons:

DEFENDER
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast