+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MEG 15 vs. Revo Mini

RBW Member kiam will become famous soon enough kiam will become famous soon enough kiam will become famous soon enough kiam's Avatar

MEG 15 vs. Revo Mini

I'm a former Dolphin RB diver (200+ hours), current Sport KISS Diver (200+ hours) who wants to step up to what I would like to think is my last RB. My plan is to dive strictly RB starting next year doing deep penetration and possibly cave once I'm proficient at wreck on the new RB. My question is that I've narrowed my selection down to either a rEvo Mini, Meg 15 or Pathfinder. I probably won't go deeper than 350 and plan on flying either one of the Meg's predominantly in MCCR mode using the electronics as a parachute. am wondering which one of these you would choose if your budget was 10k? Thanks!
    Last edited by kiam; 31st December 2015 at 01:36.

RBW Member Seya is an unknown quantity at this point Seya's Avatar

Re: MEG 15 vs. Revo Mini

You should try an optima, new hammerhead and JJ also.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

RBW Member manni-yunk is an unknown quantity at this point manni-yunk's Avatar

I recently had the exact scenario and I went Revo. I am very happy with my choice and as time goes on, I get happier and happier with that choice.

I spent 1.5 years researching and asking questions.

That being said, I would have been comfortable with a meg or a JJ as well.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by kiam  View Original Post
    who wants to step up to what I would like to think is my last RB.
    Blasphemy !!!!!!!!

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member kiam will become famous soon enough kiam will become famous soon enough kiam will become famous soon enough kiam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manni-yunk  View Original Post
    I recently had the exact scenario and I went Revo. I am very happy with my choice and as time goes on, I get happier and happier with that choice.
    What type of diving are you doing and what sold you on the Revo?

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

I would take the pathfinder out of the list for starters.

Between revo and meg, the big difference is back mounted counter lungs, or front mounted.

Back mounted will give you chipmunk cheeks if you get heads up.

Both units are very good. You can't go wrong with either

RBW Member jdailey777 is an unknown quantity at this point jdailey777's Avatar
    Revo, Sport & classic kiss

I went from the sk to the revo myself. Been happy with that decision ever since. I just spent 10 days in Mexico in the caves and loved every min on the revo. I have a buddy diving a Meg and one diving a jj. That being said I would choose revo again if I had it to do all over again although they are all great units

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg + sidewinder

If you genuinely like the mCCR style then go with a hybrid Revo mini. Flying that manual with a parachute is what it's meant to be doing.

The meg15 is only an eCCR. The pathfinder is "rated" to 200ft and has a smaller scrubber bed depth so I think you should take that off your list if 350ft is an eventual goal.

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Although I am curious of your reasoning for wanting to run mCCR.

Note: you can run the the Meg manually, you just dont have the Revo leaky valve.
    Last edited by Jeff Pack; 31st December 2015 at 14:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    Although I am curious of your reasoning for wanting to run mCCR.
    I guess comfort level is why I like MCCR. It's what I know, no solenoid to stick open or closed, my brain is responsible for set point management all the time and MCCR is possibly a simpler unit with less to go awry? I could be way off regarding simplicity yet the price point for the Meg once you take the Pathfinder off the table is slightly above what I want to spend (unless I know it's the absolutely last one)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast